"whats in it for me?"

Best answers
this may be a dumb question,but i had to ask.y do u guys make these free games?whats in it for u?what do u gain outta it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm guessing:

1.) You feel good about yourself for having created something.
2.) You feel good for sharing that something and getting a reaction (hopefully a good one.)
3.) I'm sure they have fun playing this mod simply because it's good, because DBZ need someone to carry a game as far as they did and in another manner, beyond the money-grubbing funimation *******s that poop out these half-assed games every few years like final bout and crap like that.

Best answers
its like asking someone why do they help an old lady across the street. Cuz its the right thing to do and it makes you feel good and proud of yourself.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To make a name for yourself. By making this free it alows anyone with hl to play them and then it gets spread around very easily and then someone may see them and say "This is good stuff, I would like them to work for me".

Best answers
Originally posted by Hitokiri
I'm guessing:

1.) You feel good about yourself for having created something.
2.) You feel good for sharing that something and getting a reaction (hopefully a good one.)
3.) I'm sure they have fun playing this mod simply because it's good, because DBZ need someone to carry a game as far as they did and in another manner, beyond the money-grubbing funimation *******s that poop out these half-assed games every few years like final bout and crap like that.
Hey hey hey, final bout wasnt a masterpiece, but it was at least fun for a little while. Budokai, however, is a complete piece of crap. In fact, the only two good commercial games were the first one for the Playstation (japan) DBZ Legends, and the only Sega Genesis(japan) DBZ game, dont know the name.

But yes, this game really captures the feeling of the show very nicely.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I believe that liek Hsu said to make a name for themselves, I mean come on, CS is a mod, and it went on retail!

Best answers
Originally posted by Hsu
To make a name for yourself. By making this free it alows anyone with hl to play them and then it gets spread around very easily and then someone may see them and say "This is good stuff, I would like them to work for me".
agreed

hmm in the last three post i have looked at i keep wanting to quote Hsu i agree with evry thing he says..

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about increasing their skill as well? I bet it also looks good on applications if one of the team members decides to go on programming or mapping for other games as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to make people like us happy.. and to hopefully have some rich dude say.. " u, i like u, heres a 219038dollars.. now u work for me":laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by VorteX
agreed

hmm in the last three post i have looked at i keep wanting to quote Hsu i agree with evry thing he says..
probably because he's a mod, and near enough everything he says is valid and correct :)

Best answers
if u keep asking such questions mabey they will be less inclined to make them period!!!!

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, the a definate benifet of making mods is that it looks very good on a resume. An example would be Fox1 (I think it was fox) from the Bushido mod. He was the lead texture artist. He had to leave the project because he got a job working for a game company. Mod work looks great on a resume.

-Karrde-

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't forget to count that they are doing what they enjoy, possibly. Some of them may be genuinely interested in their roles on the team, and feel that this is a great outlet for that interest. Heck, if they were looking for a musician, I'd sign up in a second, because I like that as a hobby. Can you see where I'm coming from?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They do it because they want respect and are freakishly addicted to dbz

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sell the rights to sierra and make money off it... why you think CS was made?

Best answers
1) for a refrance for a job.
2) to make there skillz better.
3)for the fans.
4)for fun.
5) for all the peeps that hate f***ing funi for making those half
A** crappy games.

nuff said...

Best answers
"To make me happy and only me."

What i just said is a load of crap. They dont do it for you they use you. But if they really did it for us. They must be very good people.:laff: :p

Best answers
i actually got relpies:shocked: usally i get like 1 relpy saying:this is stupid.:S

LOL:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom