Need some help.

Best answers
Alright, I know I may seem and sound like a n00b, but I'm trying not to...

Okay, ESF keeps on crashign on me when I would try to make a server, join a server on lan and internet. It crashes when I join a server and just before the "Welcome" screen it crashes. It hasn't crashed on me before, so it just started. I re-installed ESF, doesn't work. Its just ESF tho. I can play DoD, CS, and other MODS for Half-life with no crashes.

I believe it has to do with me moving Sierra folder to another hard drive, but I dunno. Any suggestions?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm... The only suggestion I can give is perhaps completely uninstall ESF using the uninstall option from the esfb100.exe file. See if that works, if not, try reinstalling half-life. perhaps either of the installations add something to the registry or something of the same impact, so moving the folder to a new hard drive doesn't work.

These are the only suggestions I can give, I bet somebody else would know more about this than I.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What video mode are you running in? Is it Software? If it is, switch it to OpenGL or Direct3D.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by DragonDude
What video mode are you running in? Is it Software? If it is, switch it to OpenGL or Direct3D.
I don't think that's his prob ... because software crashes if anyone uses a special FX ... and if it crashes at once

be sure that you're trying in HL 1.1.1.0
or try to reinstall whole HL

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, he said whenever he joins a server, meaning there are other people in it. And if they use special effects, then it will crash his game, so he would most crash immediately after joining the server.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it stays weird he can play the other mods perfectly.... if something was wrong with his video mode, or hl.. he wouldn't be able to that.. at least not that I know off.. does it give any sort of error and what did you try already?

Best answers
it might be cause i remember back in the day i didnt know anything about video modes and i used to play cs and dod with software mode:p and it wouldnt close out so it might be that besides it couldnt hurt to try *in short, try changing to D3D or Opengl on the video modes*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
delete the whole ESF folder and re install it....
or just re install half life

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Lone Wolf
delete the whole ESF folder and re install it....
or just re install half life
Don't just delete ESF, you need to uninstall it. If you delete the folder you get a Error 1628 when you try to reinstall or something like that.

Use the program you used to install ESF to uninstall it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o lol.... i do it with my other programs that dont work.... i dont get errors with them :S
nvm that then

Best answers
If all this fails why dont u try the long winded but the measure which may delete errors... uninstall everything relating to ESf i.e... Half life... and then reinstall that and ESF... that way any chages u had to make during other mods are deleting hence no conflict hence ESF :p

Junaid

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom