Hi and a Question

Best answers
Well, first of all, hi to everyone at the forums. Next, the question that I have is about getting the game to work. I have half life installed on my computer, have downloaded and installed the game, but when I dubble click on the icon to start the game it doesn't work. Anyone know how I can get it to work?

Best answers
dont click on the icon instead go to the normal half life one and click custom game or somthing like that and activate esf

*edit* also dont forget to have ur video mode to opengl or D3D in ur configurations OH and welcome to the forums hope u feel right at home

Best answers
Thanks, it'll start up now, but when I try to quick start it says=

could not load library C:\SIERRA\HALF-LIFE\ESF/cl_dlls/client.dll

And when I checked, I had the file, in the right folder

Best answers
It wont work even when I try all of the stuff that they said to. Any ideas? I put the FWOD file for Beta 1 in my half-life folder, but it still doesn't work, any ideas of what I should try?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uninstalling and re installing? :p that might work.... but im not to sure

Best answers
I tried unistalling and reinstalling ESF, and that didn't work, I also have tried doing the same with half-life and that didn't work

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
very sorry then :( i cant help... you sure it was in the right folder?

Best answers
My friend had the same exact problem. PM MyStiX and ask him what he did.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why did u have to dragg me into this...:S

OOH.. ok.:laff:
make sure ur fmod.dll is in ur half-life folder. if ur not sure, uninstall ESF and save it onto ur desktop. 2 things should be there.. the esf folder containing everything and the fmod.dll

stick the esf folder in ur half-life directory and replace the old one. then stick ur fmod.dll in ur half-life directory.. replacing the old one(if there is an old one) hopefully that fixes ur problem.. if not.. just PM me with the details:)

Best answers
I couldnt be bothered changing the stuff around so certain things open... instead just open normal halflim the go to custom game and activate esf... It dont take that long... I personally have sven co-op installed and go to cutom from there...

Hope i was some help

Junaid

Best answers
It still isn't working, anyone got any other ideas?(Also, MyStiX, your idea actually got me into the screen, but then when it was loading, it just said the same error)

[EDIT] If anyone can get on AIM and try to help me, my screen name is SS4Nate

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i guess... the servers i joined lately have been crashing.... i did what nemisis and the others told me.... join dedicated servers... there alot faster and dont crash... i think

Best answers
if by bad u mean not a lot,just read the sticky about how to get sever listings,if you do know how to do that and by bad you mean laggy/crashes/warring connection...blah blah...dont worrie happens to us all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom