Newcomer

Best answers
Hello people!
I'm new to ESF and i think its a cool mod! I tried out BFP, but it didnt have any cool stuff (something ESF has tons of). Besides, their community got corrupted...
Anyway, i hope ill have a great time!

And a couple of questions:

1)I just bought Half-Life. What patch version do i need to play ESF and where can i find it?
2)Is ESF lag-friendly? Im a 56k-er and i dont want to download it if im gonna lag all the time. BFP was VERRY laggy, so i gave it up.
3)Can you put bots in a multiplayer game so you can play offline?

Thanks!

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Texas

1)I just bought Half-Life. What patch version do i need to play ESF and where can i find it?
2)Is ESF lag-friendly? Im a 56k-er and i dont want to download it if im gonna lag all the time. BFP was VERRY laggy, so i gave it up.
3)Can you put bots in a multiplayer game so you can play offline?

Thanks!
Hi and weclome to the esf forums, I hope you enjoy your time here, be sure to check out the stickies for the rules and answers to problems.

Now for your questions

1) You need half life patch 1.1.1.0 to play esf, it's just the latest version so that should work
2) It is 56k friendly, and you can play online with it, it's just a lot harder then playing with a better connection like dsl or cable. You will have a disadvantage especially with melee, but it shouldn't spoil your fun. Just be sure to play on a good server and you'll be ok
3) Yes you can , you can download them here:

Blade bot's

Me bots

those are 2 different bots, the Me bots are seen as the one with the better AI and they are newer, but both are good, now they joined up (blade and Me) and they are making bots together now.

Hope this helped

grtz Naz

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Greetings and salutations, Texas.

Welcome to the ESF forums. I hope you have a great time. It's a good community. Enjoy yourself. :smile:

Best answers
Hey whats up welcome to the ESF forums hope u feel right at home most ppl here are real nice

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome to the forums

I too have 56k so I just do lan games with my friends. The bots are fun too.

Follow the rules and have fun!

Best answers
i just find it annoying that ppl with cable are more at an advantage.. not that much ppl can do anything about it.... but nevertheless... its still agreat mod!

Junaid

Best answers
thats true...but nowadays more and more people have cable or dsl..56k will soon be extinct and everyone will have dsl...then they'lll bring down the price for somthing faster...and the cycle will go on :D

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Just thought I would pop in and say welcome and happy St. Patricks Day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom