Connection problems

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About every 15 min I play, theres a connection problem if I'm in a server that I joined.... at first I didnt really care... but now its getting a little annoying.... can anyone help with this?

- Edit: If not then its ok.... ill just reconnect after a while :S

Best answers
You may be playing on crappy servers, that are crashing, or you may just have a really bad case of lag lol. Try playing on the dedicated servers, esforces.com and things like that. Those tend not to crash as much as a normal server. Give that a shot, and let us know how it goes :cool:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just make your own server and wait till someone joins.I almost never play in other ESF servers cuz my ping sux there.(Sometimes not)

Best answers
ya try either making ur own listen servers or if u have to jin a public server make sure its dedicated

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol i have a firewall.... that i CANT turn off for some reason :p my ping is around 100.... maybe its da servers.... ill try the dedicated server then... thanks for the help people :D

Best answers
is it a software firewall or a hardware firewall (etc. router)?? just curious...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol... to tell you the truth... i cant remember..... i connect to the internet through LAN.../network.... yea... a router.......i think..... and i dunno where i installed it to either :S

Best answers
oh i dont think the connnection problems are cause of the router ...hmm well try out the whole dedicated servers and other servers near were u live hopefully itll stop, or u can host ur own

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol.. the dedicated serveres work ... they dont crash like the listen servers... thanks !
and i just said i cant host cuz of firewall! :p o well... thanks again for the help

Best answers
well for the firewall if u figure out how to get in and set it just figure out what port esf or half life runs on *i think its 27015* then i beleive it should work

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the problem is i dunno where i installed it too......... i just keep upgrading my comp and sticking CPUs in if i needa upgrade the speed.... but thats all i do...... but im gonna try and find it.... i just stick 27015 on the "safe" ports right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom