Melee ranges...

Best answers
I was kicking ass all night then some guy joined that i couldnt touch... i could always hit em from a side or some fancy meneuver but if it were head on he always hit me first.. no matter how much i right clicked.. is it just me or do some people seem to be able to just hit with melee from farther away.. does anyone know what im talking about or was i just not as good.. :S

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a combonation of at least two factors.

The number 1 factor in any head on collision is ping. If he's so much as 5 under your own on average, odds are he will beat you to the punch. The bigger the seperation of pings, the more likely it is for the lower ping to hit.

The number 2 factor is when you hit the button alongside where you are aiming. You can hit someone from a piece that sticks out of their hitbox to their left without too much risk to yourself most of the time, as they will usually be aiming at you, and they'll reach that invisible appendage first. Other times, if you happen to hit the melee button at just the right moment you'll beat your opponent almost regardless of his or her ping.

These things should be corrected by beta 1.2

Best answers
no matter how much u ri8 click? do u tap it?
u just have ta hold it.

when u go head on meleeing someone, it's the one with less ping who usually wins

Best answers
well in that case i can come to 2 conclusions...he was either aiming for the closest hitbox as stated above...or *gulp* somone was using scripts...id LIKE to believe the first of the 2...but chances are its the 2nd...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom