Blow it up !!!!

Best answers
Hio
I really love ESF and i know its only a beta , but i think something very important is missing , i know the modified q2 engine is not the strongest out there but i think the explosions could look more .... like BOOOM and not like " hey im a coloured ball" ,
for example ... if u look directly in a strong explosion u are blind for a very short time ( like a flashbang in counterstrike, but much shorter ) ... and i think explosions could me much louder ..., and another thing i noticed , the melee system is great but it could be much slower ( its not to fast for me but it looks not so nice ) , and what about melee struggles ... i hope they are not missing in folowing versions of ESF , soooo i think thats enough for today ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think they said there is gonna be a melee struggle...
and i persinoly think that esf is kinda slow...so making it slow will make it alil ****ty :/

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
isn't half life a modified Q1 engine instead of a modified Q2 engine, and yes melee struggles will be in one of the upcomming version, afaik beta 1.2

grtz Naz

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half Life is a modified Quake 1 engine with some bits and pieces of Quake 2. It's something of a hybrid, though I don't know how much of it is Q2. I think it's mostly Q1.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Now, on to one of the most talked-about aspects of the FPS genre: the game's engine. Just how does Half-Life graphically compare to other existing engines, namely Lithtech (Shogo, Blood 2) and Unreal? Valve combined the Quake and Quake II engines, along with some of their own code, to create an engine that feels and runs like Quake II, but with many graphical advantages. Both texture quality and variation are much better, which result in a better variety of settings. From the enclosed tunnels of the underground Black Mesa Research Facility, to the open canyons of surface, Valve did a pretty good job breaking away from the usual dark, tunneled dungeon feel that most FPS fans are tired of. While Half-Life does have its fair share of tunneled levels, there are enough other levels that the variation is commendable.

There are a number of lighting and firing effects throughout the game, few of which can be compared to those of Unreal. However, all of them are a huge improvement over Quake and Quake licensed games. Half-Life's hybrid engine is a small step ahead of Monolith's LithTech, implicit in the more detailed polygonal objects. In the end, Half-Life cannot visually compete with the Unreal engine, but Valve made excellent use of their Quake license.

The big hooplah over Half-Life is due to its amazing AI. Friendly soldiers and scientists help you whenever they can, while enemies will plot strategies to kill you more efficiently. Unlike Quake, you can't just hide in the shadows and pluck off enemies without them reacting. Instead, they'll attempt to outflank you and drive you from your hidey-hole. A far cry from your typical frag-fests, Half-Life keeps you on your toes.

As you might imagine, because of its Quake license, Half-Life is expected to have solid multiplayer support. Well, you're damn right. Half-Life's multiplayer, with help from the recently released patch, rocks the house. Level and mod editing is easy and supported by a number of famous programs. Also, Valve is expected to release their Team Fortress mod, which is said to be the epitome of multiplayer mods. Nevertheless, on the Internet or over a LAN, Half-Life's current multiplayer support proves to be as solid and as reliable as Quake's.

Best answers
they would hit each eachother at the same time, but holding their fists at each other pushing as hard as they can, so there would be a meter.]

and whoever loses gets their ass whooped.

Best answers
It'd also be cool during a melee struggle, if the two fighters could try to overpower the other by using turbo. They would have their own seperate auras, and then once enough power was put into the struggle by each player, they auras could combine into a giant aura, just like the melee struggles in the series. That would own. :p

Best answers
I think melee struggles should be that fast punching/kicking thing they do where the better players slowly pushes the other back. And I dont think that you should have control of the punching and kicking, but thats the animation I think they should use for struggles instead of 2 fists bumping. I'm just not sure if the ESF team is going to put that much effort into it to make it happen. They like taking the ez way out.

Best answers
instead of a crarter---that would be laggy and hard to code---how bout more rocks flying up? like when your goku, you power up and then there's rocks flying up! just in a melee struggle, have a bunch more when pushing more power.

Best answers
you wouldn't be able to code craters would you? you cant do separate code outside of a map to deform the map in gameplay because of player actions, as far as i know. if anything they would have rocks flying up, and the crater would be a decal, like with all other explosions.

Best answers
They like taking the ez way out.
Do they,,, i don't think so!! I think they put alot of time in this mod and make it look like one of the best ever!!!In the melee system is alot of work, the models are great, the maps are great!!So why say they take the easy way out!!!They don't, and it wouldn't be strange if they do put it in, except for the fact it creates lag. Because on the other hand such an aura and the coding of it isnt that hard!! Just be glad that they do this work for ya, and then don't go saying they like to take the wasy way out!! That's just stupid and harsh!!

Best answers
Originally posted by Lamm
Do they,,, i don't think so!! I think they put alot of time in this mod and make it look like one of the best ever!!!In the melee system is alot of work, the models are great, the maps are great!!So why say they take the easy way out!!!They don't, and it wouldn't be strange if they do put it in, except for the fact it creates lag. Because on the other hand such an aura and the coding of it isnt that hard!! Just be glad that they do this work for ya, and then don't go saying they like to take the wasy way out!! That's just stupid and harsh!!
yea!!! what he said

Best answers
I truthfully like how this mod is made i mean there is nothing about this game that I do not like. They did put alot of work into it althoe i really have no proof of that but if the game is that great I think they really worked hard on it.

Best answers
Melee??

Hey some inlightenment about the Melee system what is it exactly?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
melee is when you punch and kick someone, currently all you do is swoop and smash the person across the map.

Best answers
Why not make 2 different melee modes, one hard mode(knockin opponents FAR back) and light melee mode(knocking opponents a few inches back with only fists)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom