new melee fights?

Best answers
ukno whatd be tight/stupid/crazy?
if ppl could punch/kick realy fast and crazy
like someone swoops and presses somethin like mouse3 or somethin on ur keyboard then u engage a different position and keep pressing left/right/left/right/left/right mouse buttons and keep hittin them while the other person blocks
or
he can counter by doin the same thing until someone runs out of ki? or whoever does it more rythmiticaly? or the PL might play a big factor in this type of scenario... idunno just a thought:tired:

*btw* i had to type this like 3 times cuz my internetexplorer kept crashin :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like that idea, accualy.
but i dont think they are gonna do it..not sure

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
then people gonna make a script to press the buttons very fast ,, and then THEY always hit you

Best answers
yeah and then you'll get that ****ing Counter-Strike ****....with all of those scripts hacks and cracks!!And that sucks big time....but on the other hand it could be cooll....

Best answers
I like the idea... I bet it something like DMZ's new melee system there working on. But obviously the person with the faster or better ping would win that if the position is like the first melee. Or are you just like per say on the ground and then attacking?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smashing buttons = bad idea. If you want intentionally bad/non-intuitive control layout, go play DMZ then.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do not flame, or compare in anyway, DMZ to ESF.

I hope melee will eventually have a short animation of rapidly traded punches and kicks, rather than one big hit.

Best answers
wow im glad ppl kinda liked this idea and replied :D
ikno its prolly not gonna happen.just a fun thought :\
*edit*

what the heck r u guys talkin about dmz and esf?

Best answers
SSj4 VeGoHUnks Man thats a good idea .. well .. what if it isnt smashing buttons *SaiyanPrideXIX* .. what if u hold down right click to kick and punch and u see a green bar or the power struggle bar or w/e .. and when u run outta ki u get hit or something

Best answers
lol thanks :) and that ps thing is a good idea too but once again, the PL will play a huge factor but i think like....some noobs (im not flaming noobs, im a noob myself :\) have been playin in one server for hours and when some expert...?....comes in and does this thing, the ps bar comes out and the noob will win? idunno its tricky

Best answers
Make melee struggles have 3 factors. PL, character speed, and % of ki IN ki pool.

Example: 2,000,000 PL 200 speed fighter with 1/2 ki pool VS
1,000,000 PL 300 speed fighter with his ki pool full.

Although the fighter with 200 speed has more pl his ki pool is only half full so his pl in the struggle is reduced to 1million. 1million times his speed of 200 = 200,000,000 melee struggle points. While the player with 300speed only has 1 millionPL but his ki pool is nearly full so his PL does not drop much. So 1million PL x 300 speed equals 300,000,000 melee struggle points.

In this scenario the player with less PL is the victor because not only does he have more speed, but the deciding factor is his ki pool is more full than his opponenet. So an SSJ who has wasted a lot of his energy that goes in on an attack with a weaker non-transformed character the weaker character could still very well win.

Best answers
Yeah man, this are all amazing. I would love to see them in 1.2 *Saying 1.2 and not 1.1 because i bet there done and just making a view adjustments and checking the code over* Would make the game alot more fun. And I bet people are going to say this is a bad idea because of lag. GOD DAMNIT that pisses me off! sorry i get angry at people with slow computers i mean .. cmon .. its 2k3 *2003* and your lagging on a quake 1 / 2 engine.

Best answers
lolZ funny. willl one of the development team look at this and think about it? im askin a lot but these positive remarks make me think its good :D

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't be surprised if they've already mapped out a melee mode for testing after 1.1 is released. I'm sure they have a similar idea, but will likely expound upon it and make something more complex out of it.

Best answers
There should just be different styles of melee like selectable attacks, button mashing is crap then it would be like an arcade game and personally I hated them

Best answers
The only thing wrong with this melee idea is the difference in power lvls. i dont want to be super saiyen goku fighting normal krillen and get beaten. i worked hard for that power lvl :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What you said was kinda confusing.... but I think I get what you mean....
I think its a good suggestion... even though it might not be put in....

Best answers
OMG! Cucumba...long time no see. (Yup, i know him. Back down little people :))

As for the Melee idea. Im pretty sure about everyone wants a melee system that does the BIG HITS and the exchange of Rapid punches and kicks...But the problem is comming up with a melee system that would work :(

What i like. Is the idea of possible "Counters" that would work kinda like throws. When someone Tries to Melee you you can hit the counter Key and if hit at the right time. You will like grab the persons leg and swing them around and toss them or something, or grab the arm and toss em. Now to prevent spammers from constantly clicking the counter key. Give it a cool down period. Like you can use it, and then have to wait like 3-5 seconds or so before it can be used again. This would require Skill and timing.

ALTHOUGH! unless you give it a decent amount of time/ range you can counter from, I can see it only really being effective in lans. Where ping is not an option. (Still with some work think it is a nice addition)

Sorry for posting my idea. But i think its a bit easier to work with than the much more wanted "Fast melee exchange"

Best answers
First off, on many occasions i have seen PcJoe say that melee will be completely revamped in 1.2...so really who knows what is to come. I love the idea of melee struggles that are much like our current ps but shorter (dont want them to last forever) and less damaging...for instance when the ms is won the loser recieves 1/3 hp damage and is thrown down like the current melee system. Also ms would only happen when two people meet head on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom