Helpful tips i share with esf fans.

Best answers
had alot of people ask me to post this so here goes. I got some tips for you people that know how to melee but people catch ya off guard still.

1) learn how to manage ki. If you run out of ki you as good as dead
2) always keep moving. What i do is teleport charge for a sec teleport again. i dont do long ki charges because that gives someone a chance to hit me.

3) Learn when to beam. *i still working on this* if someone blocks alot beam him. (yes i know that is hard at times)

4) Teleport is your best friend. Here is what i do

you swoop head on at me. i teleport to the side and kick you as you pass me. this is a simple trick but people fall for it alot.

5) my last trick i sharing. When you swoop you can turn off swoop and fly almost same time to go the extra mile for free of cost *in ki* and it helps line you up for more melee attacks

6)kril is the best to learn how to control swoop. not only is he the slowest but fastest also. If you master kril then you can play a

7) NEVER head on swoop. You need to learn swoop control. if you head on swoop you going to get burned. Learn how to swoop behind someone.
there ya go some tips. i hope you guys enjoy. it took me time to get good. Just hang in there :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ill add abit:
like NS said, learn to beam, i say never underestamate the power if the genaric beam....if the enemy is far away, th charge it up and shoot it when he is close.

take a round or to to learn your oponents moves....that was if he tends to attakc from the side, u will be ready for him next time.
i k\might add more later, but my head hurts now and i cant think right :)

Best answers
1. Quickest way to make use of your teleport is to bind it to your scroll wheel on your mouse.
2. After you throw someone to the ground, throw ki balls at them.
3. With Turbo and Strafe I've found you can simply sidestep any melee attack.

Best answers
Well the mouse bind wheel trick i would not use. Because it is a nice thing to get away but like i said. ki is everything and burns to much ki.

If someone is giving you a hard time and cant keep up. the best thing to do is get distance from him and rethink. People love to teleport above your head so teleport 2 or 3 times and charge and rethink. always have enough ki for a teleport and block.

work on your timing. if you are slow to block or teleport you are going to get owned.

5 swords of esf

Timing
control
powerlevel
ping
speed

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
same as ns, and shoot a GGen beam at the kiblobs and it will blow the enemy up..

Best answers
my list was better beside the higher pl u have to someone the more damage u do

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's some tips even though I'm no 0wn@g3 or anything. lol

--When you are locked on to someone, you can still melee other enemies; but not if you swoop at them. So if two guys are attacking you, so long as one is not from behind, it can actually be pretty fun; block counter the un-locked enemy, and continue to battle the other. Be wary, though: unless they both remain in your field of vision at all times, you will get hit in the back constantly, and lose every time.

--A swoop can get you out of hot water pretty quickly, too, but be aware you may lose lock from turning your back on an opponent. In ESF City, swoop and go AWAY from your enemy, stick low to the ground, and burn your way through the alleys to get yourself some time to strategize. Even with the scouter it's not easy to find a player in all that mess of buildings.

--If you play Vegeta and want to win a power struggle, don't charge the Final Flash up all the way. It's initial velocity is enough to get a good head of steam up; from there, if you didn't charge it all the way, you can use more of your reserved ki to push, and oftentimes win.

--Block struggling and power struggling gives you a nice PL boost. Even if you lose/are on the receiving end, it is a good idea to engage in these acts whenever possible.

--When you are about to win a block struggle, note that many players will stop flying and drop out of the sky, escaping even a heavily powered up blast. Trick them: throw it at the ground below them, where they'll land. Chances are even if they don't drop, you will destroy/injure them anyway.

--Toy with weaker enemies during power struggles. It pumps up the beams more, making the blast into a map killer more easily, and giving you three or four kills instead of just the one and a suicide for yourself. Also the more power is put into the struggle, the more PL it seems to give.

--In melee, I encourage teleporting away after being blocked. It makes the fight look cooler, last longer, is generally more fun, and usually it gives you the chance to do what I like to call "rapid re-swoop." That's when you teleport back from the opponent who just blocked you, swoop AGAIN, and tag on him a second time. Usually people let go of block to counter; so this usually results in a successful melee hit, as opposed to a counter.

--I personally don't always fly. I find it confuses the enemy if I drop to the ground and do battle by "jump swooping." Jumping is also great because when an enemy swoops you low to the ground, you can do a high backflip (ki free, and twice or so the distance of a teleport), and lock on as you do it, allowing you to bolt downward in a swoop from the peak of your jump, and tag on your foe in the back of the head.

--You can block while in mid jump. It is the only form of blocking in the game that allows you to be mobile. I think this will be taken out if people learned how to exploit it, but it really is a small matter, so go ahead and use it if you can.

--You can also melee an enemy while jumping. Confuses the piss out of them. hehe.

--If you're a Vegeta fan like me, and your health is low and youw ant to die so you dont' continue to lose your ki, you can go out Final Shine style and take a few with you by landing in a central area of the map, aiming down, and firing a full blast Final Flash into the ground. It'll kill you...and likely anyone within the blast radius. :0)

That's all for now; maybe more later. hehe. Enjoy.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by FutureTrunks
heres a new list

1.PING

2.timing

3.control

have a nice day.:]

If you fallow NightShade's rules Ping is hardly an issue.

Let me update that list:

1. Timing

2. Control

3. Mouse sensitivity. The default is 5, and that'll get you killed off in no time. What's yours?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a few nice tricks that me and my clan leader are doing are "double kicks". If you are on the floor infront of someone, waiting for them to get up or you genrally see someone on the floor, go down to them (keep in fly mode) boot them up above you and teleport up above them and smash them back down. Feels so good when you do it. (you can also do it when in air, by teleporting behind them before they regain balance and smash them back over, abit like tennis :p

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I cant double hit, I am too slow, no matter how hard I try, they always either hit the sky (pretty weird getting stopped by the sky) or hit a wall ect. How do you do it so you can get behind a person thats zooming towards the sky or wall to hit em again?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by SSFT
I cant double hit, I am too slow, no matter how hard I try, they always either hit the sky (pretty weird getting stopped by the sky) or hit a wall ect. How do you do it so you can get behind a person thats zooming towards the sky or wall to hit em again?
well, if you dont press any direction buttons down, then u teleport upwards regarding your in fly mode. If you click it like crazy then you will get above them in time and just hold the right mouse button and look at them :) its really cool
Also, you may want to bind you teleport attack, which can prove to be a very fast way

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nightshade, I would like to share with the community something
too. This is just one mistake you always do when fighting me.

If im knocked down on the ground. Stop swooping at me because
if I get back up im just going to knock you into the air.

Anyway.
Nightshades. Wanna learn how to use a beam? Heres what to do.
lock on to your enemy. Turn your back on him. And swoop straight
into the sky. Then do that thing you and I do. Where you let go
fly after you stop to swoop in mid air. So when your dropping
you quickly select a beam and keep looking at the ground. When its
half-charged turn around in mid air and hit your enemy with it.
Thats if he is still behind you. Of course you could always cancel it by
throwing it somewhere else then detonating it.

Thats the only time I use a beam, and when im low on health.

EDIT: In maps with really bright light like esf_namek the enemy
will never
tell if your charging a beam cause the light is too bright for you
to see one.

Best answers
Two things that I'd like to add to the list that I suck at

1. Refelxes
2. Accuracy (melee isnt any good if you cant hit people wiht it. Lol yes I am THAT sad.)

Best answers
there are two pieces of wisdom that i find very helpful

1: never tell eveything you know

have a nice day.

V'

Best answers
Hmmm...I don't like to share my style with others.Although I did get Joe's flying style down.Anyways, if you want to have fun, use this trick.
Lock onto somone and swoop towards them.Before you hit them, stop swoop and imdeiatly hit the fly toggle button.Turn around quickly and jump backwards, causing you to do that back flip animation. Then, when ever you want to have a a show, target someone and swoop towards them and stop flying for like 2 seconds and dont look down look up.

This causes the backflip animation to kick in for some reason and it looks cool when you are trunks.Doing the backflip and coming out of it to melee somone always puts a smile on my face because of the coolness.:cool:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah V' I also found that out.
Basically it doesn't just happen with the Back Flip animation.
It gets stuck if you keep jumping to diffrent animations. Have you
ever thrown a SBC with Piccolo/Cell and right after throwing it
you recharge. Then when you stop recharging the animation of
the SBC replays again and you see Cell/piccolos hand extend again
then go back.

Thats why I sometimes play while jumping/letting go fly in
mid air. ect. ect. :p

Best answers
Ive been usin the fly toggle technique for a long time now, it seems to piss people off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom