Is teleporting lame?

Best answers
I used to play in this server, and everyone used to get along, and whatever people used was ok, whether it was disks or big bangs or whatever.

And then day that server died, so I joined another. I'm a player that uses a lot of teleporting (I play as Trunks). And then people were telling me that I was being lame because I teleported. I was really shocked! Is it not part of the game?

Best answers
They are surely idiots if they think teleporting (zanzokening) is lame. Its a major part of Dragon ball z and its a major part of this game. The only reason people usually say stuff like the Solid is because they cannot use it well or at all. Hey if you live anywhere in the USA near the state of vermont come and play me sometime you'll get a good ping. If not... oh well -_-.

Best answers
Thanks for the post dude, its made me feel better.
By the way I've seen your clan about before.
And sorry I cant play with you I live in Australia. :-(

Best answers
Lol well whts your connection? if you have T-3 I fight good in lag so >_> I'd still fight you with 150-200 ping.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't let people get to you. Everybody flames in their own way, and you can't pay attention to all of them. The newer characters don't understand how it can be used tactically and so they struggle with more moderate to advanced players who know how to get behind or beside them with it. This leads to frustration and to flaming. Just shake it off.

Best answers
what sonic said :D just ignore em man, newbies that you run into will call anything you use to defeat them lame, tell em to grow up and get back to whoopin up on em ;)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol. Anyone who calls teleporting lame doesn't know the game well enough. Granted, it drives me nuts when I can't find them, but I don't play much anymore either so I expect to get worked :p The only time teleporting is lame is when someone's using a script to do it because it's not them doing it, it's a program. But otherwise teleporting is a great tactic.

-Karrde-

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Some people are TALK LAME!! if i block they call it BLOCK SPAM!1 and if i teleport they call it TELEPORT SPAM!! its never enough.. jez..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i've been called

beam whore
teleport whore
melee whore
even ki ball whore :S
doesnt bother me much, if someone thinks i'm lame i'm gonna herash (dunno how to write it) him as long as it takes to let him quit the server

V'

Best answers
Ahh yes the simple, but effective teleport. You can tell if the person is skilled by the way he uses teleporting. The average player only uses it when he realizes its there. The advance player knows hopw to use it and still flames people for the lack of skill he has.The pros they use it way too much causing them much fustration. The vets know the real use of teleportation. Its either:

A.) A defense move, like a teleport after melee.
B.) An offensive move to jam/ cause the other person to stop swooping so you can make them your love toy of death.
C.) Just to mess around with people.

I fall under C

Best answers
hmmz hard choice, i think i'm...........b

or c cauls the melee doesn't do enough dmg now you can beat someone a dozen times and he'll still kick back, but if you throw 1 overpowered kamehameha at there ass there dead.... what's up with that.

-=Edit=- oops that's very wrong and totaly oftopic :fight: but abou the teleport, its very a part of the game and the one how called you lame when you used teleport was or a THE biggest n00b if ever heard of or a first timer thet can't take a beating.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like teleporting in ESF. I think it is one of the neatest aspects in a good melee confrontation. I have yet to master it, tho. I get quite perplexed when watching ppl like Hsu or NightShade play and try to emulate what they are doing with teleport. The problem with finding newer players to practice with is that the ESF community is relatively small, so most players, by now, are, at the very least, better than I am.

Best answers
Teleporting is very strategy-like in a game like this.. and very important, though I wish maybe you could charge teleporting like so you can teleport far using more ki and just tap for a small teleport.

Best answers
of course every is saying all the good parts about it....but to a certain point teleporting can get very lame.

especially when some1 trys to melee u and teleports a million times cause they are ssj so they gots lots of ki. and thats really annoying. also when ur battling some1 else and u try to atack they just teleport 1000 times and get you back

Best answers
Telaporting is not lame, it makes the fights more intense IMHO, but I have complained about telabombing, when someone charges up a shot telaports to a spot and blows themsefls up.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, I'll adjust my response a little bit. Teleporting *can* be lame, depending on how it is used. If you go SSJ and hit someone, then spend the next 10 minutes zanzokening away from somebody because you charge ki quickly enough, that's lame.

Best answers
Well guys about newbies. If we don't want them to be flamming, lets extend a hand of help ^_^ and help them out teaching them. I do it on my servers all teh time when new people join-- sometimes I will get a little arrogent child that thinks he is the best in the world but as somebody said, "Shake it off", most of these flamers are 10. So are you going to let a 10 year old get to you and hate all newbies, or are you going to help out the less fortunate that I have just downloaded and installed esf. Maybe we should think less of our selves and more on others ^_^. And yes you can call me Mr. Do Good.

Best answers
Every game seems to have something people call lame.

TFC - the HWguy
ESF - teleporting and blocking (i suppose)
NS - in the servers i play in they consider rushing the bases to be cheap.
CS - i dunno, i don't play it.

I really get mad at people like that, its part of the game, deal with it i say!

almostdeleted

A
I do c.. When I see my enemy, i just stand still, no attack, no block. They come swooping it, I teleport, they swoop again, I teleport. then when im running low on ki, ill teleport down and land on the floor, and give it a quick turbp jump for the fina swoop.

Best answers
lol, "your such a noob at esf, all you do is teleport like mad" is what a guy said to me on the second day of the release. He just couldnt touch me because i would teleport out of the way, lol.

i personally think teleport is an extremly important skill to have in ESF, almost as important as flying.:]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom