How big is the new mod

Best answers
I want to download the new esf beta 1.0 mod but I want to know how many megabytes it is
So how big is it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think its like 91.6 megs, if your on a 56k then itll take a long long time but its worth it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or, you can always download it at a friends house and burn it onto a disc.... Or just get a friend to get it for you :D
... That is.... if you dont want to wait

Best answers
just look on the files section doesn't it tell u?

Best answers
you could get something like download accelerator, it lets you resume downloads so if you have a 56k, you can download all night, turn it of, and finish the downlowd where you left off the next night...

Best answers
Thanks for the advice also is it a half-life mod or is it for something else

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who cares, jeez, your going to get it anyway right?

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Sierra Sonic
Who cares, jeez, your going to get it anyway right?

Hes right... Do you guys need to save up the exact amount of bandwidth it would take to download it? It is a hl mod patch, and patches are usually around 10-20 megs.

Best answers
Hey It definately doesn't look like it's 30 to 20 megs
but if you don't have a normal dial-up connection it's not so easy to get it with out paying a fortune!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HAHA I got cable and dl at over 1 MEG and SECOND I will be dont in less than a min.

Whats that? Paladin in your eye?
Best answers
Originally posted by Snow1586
HAHA I got cable and dl at over 1 MEG and SECOND I will be dont in less than a min.
Would you like some kind of special "I have lots of money" award?

Best answers
Originally posted by Snow1586

Yea.... it dosnt depend so much on "your" connection, its the servers so if the servers are going slow, so will your d/l

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahahaha, 1 meg a second on cable? And you're bragging? Come off it.

Notes: The file size is referred to in "bytes." Your connection speed is referred to in "bits." 1 megabit per second will download at a maximum speed of around 128 kilabytes per second. If it's around 98 megs, it'll take you at least 12-13 minutes, minimum. Sure, that's faster than a 56k user, but it isn't really worth bragging about. I dl about 1.7 megabits a second, but it likely wont actually transfer that quickly as the server will be weighed down by slower and faster users alike. No reason to brag anyway, some people aren't fortunate enough to live in areas where broadband is cheap or reliable, or on occation even available.

P.S.: It would still take you over a minute to download 98 megabytes at 1 megabyte per second. There are only 60 seconds in a minute.

Best answers
96 meg =/ it took me 5 minutes and i got cable to =/ so i doubt if it took u only 1 miinute to dl. And yes some places cant even get cable that suxor. But some ppl is Fortunte and get to get cable like my cable only cost $20 a month so thats a good price and the brand is Adelphia Power Link or somethin Adelphia :\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who the hell cares about yourt connections, jeez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom