Moderator who???

Best answers
Ok, im a newb at forums, but could someone please explain to me the whole moderator thing and how u become one?

Best answers
(I'm not a moderator, but i'll tell you how) Take notes from all the moderators, be nice to other n00bies.
and don't flame. Then when you think your ready ask a moderator how to become a moderator.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You dont just become one. Also you cant ask to become one. Ever moderator was chosen and asked if they would be a moderator for the forums. Right now there is no more room for new ones.

Best answers
What kind of jobs do they/u do?? are they/u alreadys busy in the forums???

Best answers
They go around the forums banning people, helping noobs and closing thread. Plus making stickies (remember, read them). I don't really think I will become a mod, well mabye some day. Super mods are bassicly the same I think. Some are Hsu, Hibiki, Miroku and the unnforgetable E_T.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Super mods apparently have more priveleges than just reglar mods, and mods are good people for taking time out of their hands and helping out the forums, Hibiki is funny when he closes threads, because he always makes a wise ass comment followed by the roll eyes face :rolleyes:

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think that supermods have a higher authority over the regular mods. the super mods can ban people, while the regular mods cannot. thats what i think.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, only administrators can ban people

supermoderaters can moderate the whole forum instead of one section only.

moderators can only moderate one section

that's all AFAIK.. could be wrong :)

here's a list with all form moderators/supermoderators/admins : http://forum.esforces.com/showgroups.php?s=

grtz Naz

Best answers
wow seems like a lot of work...
do the esf team pay for the forum or the mods??

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The forums are payed for by Greg, who occasionally drops in. Nobody pays the mods(not me at least, if you other guys are getting payed, let me know)

It is some work, but I try to have fun with it.

Also, some of the super mods and admins gained their power because they are on the ESF Team, [ESF]Blade, [ESF]Nighthawk, PcJoe and harSens for example.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Moderators can also overturn Moderator decisions on occasion, Moderators are basically peacekeepers on the forum. Both moderators and super moderators can hand out warnings, which can lead to a ban if they are ignored. Administrators set policy and enforce bans for those who don't listen to moderators.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba
Administrators set policy and enforce bans for those who don't listen to moderators.
I heard that supermods could also get the power to ban people if an admin gives him the power :rolleyes:

*Hsu huggles cuc

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL... hey.. thats not fair.... you..you...y... *suddenly realises that Hsu now might be able to ban*

Uhm... seeya. :D

Anywayz.. mods who only mod one section still got authoraty in another they do not mod. I mean.. even if a mod does not maintain general chat... if such a mod tells me to shut up I'd listen.. lol...

cause those mods also got PMs. ;D

Best answers
So is anyone actually a super moderator? I thought Hibiki was one, oh well. Sounds like alot of responsibility. There are alot of idiots on these forums, they flame ppl without warning or cause, they must die, AHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I may only reign supreme over off-topic and suggestions. But that doesn't mean I can't warn people in any section. :devsmile:

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about wannabe moderators will they also be able to ban?:p

Best answers
i wonder why Mastasurf is only a mod and not a super mod

and no wannabe mods dont go banning people,its the "Don't act ike a mod" treatment for them....

But then,we normal mebers can remind others not to spam,right??(Please let it be true...:talk: )

EDIT: On second thought I see mastasurfs name in both Moderator and Administrator sections.....weird....

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'll see my name like that as well. If you are a Global Moderator, such as an Administrator or Super Moderator, and you are assigned topics to concentrate moderation upon, you will appear on both lists. If there is doubt, the higher rank is the actual one. The Supermods had a cow the first day we did it :p They thought they got a demotion.

Best answers
So who controles the selection of mods, like who owns this entire forum, oh, and where do i find a list of rules & stuff for this forum, there is alot of confusing stuff here, like in off topic you can post as much as u like and it doesn't affect your post count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom