What does a script do??

Best answers
I heard ppl in esf and the forum talked about scripts...I'm kinda new so can any one tell me what they do??

Best answers
the script relieves you of some of your tasks (is program you put on pc)
if the comp sees something happens the comp reacts automatticly with an action (what actions decides the script)

so you could programm a script to teleport you if an enemy character comes near you
or automatticly take a senzu when you are low life
or when someone melees you and you fly away you automatticly switch to melee and hit the left mous button

all this is done for you by the comp and i aint consider it fair cause it aitn you fighting

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah scripts are bad and frowned upon from almost everyone. so if i were you, dont ask for them. scripts are the devil. except for the old ssj script for alpha.

Best answers
o...ok...(I won't use scripts anyways)how about key bindings...is it the same ideas as scripts???
I heard ppl said they bind their teleport key to the mouse wheel and stuff....

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, its sorta the same. you can still bind commands and make a script but im sot gonna say which one, cause its pretty easy do do. still its bad.

Best answers
yeah I just use the origanal keys...I think it's the most fair...if one day I can use the origanl key to beat some experts using scripts or bind keys...I'll go crazy and stufff.....LOL

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
agreed
we talked about this
binds I think are lame.... usefull but lame :S

you can use em but admins don't like it and you'll get badly flamed by the players ( just a warning )

Best answers
binds depend on the situation,I have my teleport key on my mouse3 button so I can actually teleport because my fingers dont like the default keys....

Aliases are the devil,just binding 1 key can make you teleport 10+ times across the map withe teleport,saddening how people cheapen themselves with tele-scripts.

I know how to write them but I prefer doing things manually,not have some button do 5 things in 1

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depending on different situations, different people will either like binds and scripts or not.

Mr.Buu's question is answered, I think it is time for this thread to retire before it decides to become hateful and flameful and spamful(a common fate for threads talking of such things)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom