Why no voice com?

Best answers
Ok, I'm just wondering why voice com was over looked? Is it hard to code? Didn't think it would be useful? just curious. I know in new update you can do multiple power struggles and it would be nice to be able to scream for help when someone releases a fully charged final flash at me and im little ole' krillin w/ a pl of 22. thanks.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was left out because the team thought it would be to annoying for other people playing. Hearing some little kill screaming KAMAHA or just baggering that you are a cheater just because you are better then them is not my idea of a good, fun game.

Best answers
Yeah, I found the locked thread about it. BUT 1 question. in your settings you can completely turn it of (disable voice com in this mod is the exact box.) AND by doing so its like it doesn't exist. Its like having the choice between directx and OpenGL. Some people prefer DX some like OpenGL...you don't HAVE to use either one, you get the choice? I know some people were like "its so much work to mute everyone" but you don't have to, just disable it. I know when we saw this coming in the CS community we were scared of abuse but it did happen some at first but after a month or so it calmed down and now i only have to mute someone very rarely and personally i believe the ESF community to be 100 times more mature. I mean, its not like we are going to force you to use it, or even mute everyone each map change...just disable it if you don't like it. just like disabling high quality sound, i mean, you don't have to use it, just deselect it...make sense?

Best answers
mics in CS are constantly abused still...and also cs is a lot more of a team based game. The ESF community sinse its DBZ related will attract more younger players so that is meaning less overall maturity so i disagree.

Best answers
Ok, my point is, I only play teammode or Capture the DB's mode. When i put my personal server up, its always on this mode. With 1.1 coming out and the changes to power struggles i would find it very useful. PLUS for those who don't want it, they can just permantly disable it...no muting, just turned off. Why deny it to those who want it??? seriously...if you don't like it, disable it..if you do have it enabled and some kid is mouthy, mute them. its like saying don't add 1600x800 resolution or 5 button mouse support because i don't want to/can't use it. I'm not forcing you to use mic..but your forcing me to do without it. With it available you have the CHOICE to use or not use. Without it available I don't have that option. for some it would improve gameplay, and for those it wouldn't they can TURN IT OFF. Again going back to my Directx openGL comparision. openGL works better for me, maybe directx works better for you. As it is we can pick between the two, if only directx was available we would both enjoy the game though for me it would be lacking. Why not give the choice is my question?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by mr. roshi
mics in CS are constantly abused still...and also cs is a lot more of a team based game. The ESF community sinse its DBZ related will attract more younger players so that is meaning less overall maturity so i disagree.
Not so!! There are many 18 year old geeks out there who consider themselves hardcore dbz fans, and thus there would be plenty of those who are older... But there's a big difference between 10-year-old immaturity and 18-year-old immaturity, and 83% of the time (in most all games) you see the immaturity displayed by people who just loooove bein jackasses. To be honest, I prefer the immaturity from some 8- to 11-year-old... Much more tolerable, honestly.

Best answers
Yep,I can picture my 25 year old bro playing ESF and screaming in the mic "FINAL FLASH!!!!"

It shouldn't be in,it will get abused,and there's really no teamwork in it

However,let the ESF team decide,the majority will not like the mic in tho....

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i disagree. even they can abuse it. you can ALWAYS MUTE them. and i like to use voice better then type something. it gets me killed easyer! it should be possible that you can disable the voice. so you can hear NOONE. and for the people that want it.. just set the mic on.

Best answers
Nah voice com sux..... takes away the DBZ sprit while playing the game.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
... are you sure? evertime if i want to chat i get killed! voice is very handy. and if there is a disable button noone gets problems then.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
And it would be nice to taunt the opponent from time to time, but nothing so lame as calling out the attacks.

Best answers
Ok, my point is, is that IF you don't want to use it..you click one box and its off. permantely, no muteing needed, its just off. BUT the way it is those of us that do want it, can't..we don't even have the option. why not give us the option? what would it hurt? if you tried it, didn't like it, turn it off. if you do, leave it on..its simple. It wouldnt' ruin gameplay for those who don't want it, because by click one little box, its like it never existed to you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HEY!!! OIMGZ YOU SHOT ME WHILE I WAS TALKIN!!!!! YOUR LAME SUXER!!! SUX SUX SUX!!! IM THE LEADER OF ESF IM GOING TO BAN YOU HARHAHRHAR THEN COME TO YOUR HOME AND SHAG YOUR MOTHER!!!!!!!!1111111

Thats why.

Best answers
i said it will atract "more" younger users that doesnt mean older ppl cant play....

using it during a PS struggle is just stupid its soooooo much more fun just to ride it out till the end and it blows when ppl interupt/

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
yep. i agree to add the Mic! it can do no harm. and you goes always can remove it.. lets say do a test version of the mic :D

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys need to check out other threads. Don't act like there aren't any good arguments against it.

So lets say the mic is introduced and I turn it off. I come into a room where 4 people have it on and 4 people have it off. The people who have it on and use it can only communicate to each other. They may not realize I have it off, so while they are screaming at me and I'm not picking it up, they get aggrivated. If they have to stop to type to me, the pupous of the microphone is defeated.

That kills that argument. For more look to the suggestions or ESF chat forums.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Heaven forbid there would be a system to mute the idiots while leaving the intelligent unmuted.

/sarcasm

Best answers
Well for now if u just wanna talk to ur friends or clan members while playing...u can download Roger wilco and invite ur friends in ur account and u can only talk to ur friends...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
True. And to be honest, since ESF isn't very team-strategy oriented it's not all that important to use the microphone anyways.

Best answers
Unless u wanna just "talk" to ur friends....(like any thing expcept "look out behind u!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom