change the melee please?

Best answers
I think the melee needs to be changed badly.
Yesterday after a rousing Sprite i decided to spend some time to play ESF, i was already disappointed just by the amount of servers, (because i hadn't played since it came out because of how bad the melee is) which on the day of release was a raging 200 servers, and has now dropped to a magnificent 20 servers.
To the point, the Melee is terrible, it was okay at first, but when you just lock on and hit someone across the map, it's lame.

I believe a combo system would actually make it more realistic and fun.
I mean think about it, locking on and knocking somebody away not only gets boring but it also removes the effectiveness of beams.
Beams are almost impossible to use if you keep getting meleed.

In fact, the only time i was able to use beams was when i sat in a corner and wasnt seen, or when i hit someone on the ground and he didnt know how to get up.

Otherwise theres no way to pull off a strong beam with more than a 3 second charge time.

In fact, i played for only 12 minutes before i realized almost nobody was using beams and it was basically melee (which was of course just hitting everyone across the level)

Terrible melee, fix it up.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I like the melee system, PCJoe has stated that he will change it in 1.2, and there are at least areound 40 servers when I am on, check your filter settings.....

Best answers
they're gonna change it in 1.2? nice.

also, i meant 20 servers with people PLAYING

if you just check off servers with ESF you get about 40, but servers with people playing it's about 20

Best answers
wicked hope its charge for a big hit

Best answers
the melee is a chrage up so u can hit small then small then big hit and combo them

Best answers
Sounds like he doesn't speak english too well

Best answers
I agree the melee system needs to be changed
the lock, fly, boot aint incredibly fun where it should be
Look, fly, pumle, knock back, fly up throw some punches, knocked back and spear kicked then hit flying into the rock face and leave an impact texture.
I was thinking, in jedi knight 2 the saber move depended on the way you you swung your saber
I.E. left strafe and primary fire would be a side swing etc..... if they could do this for ESF it would be elete
(if this is the combo system I keep hearing about, please use it)
just when I hear combo system I think street fighter which I hate so yeah

Best answers
Man at the moment its good.... the only reason its bad for you is because your on 56k.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the melee will be changed a bit in 1.1
1.2 is when it will really be changed

Best answers
i like the melee system we have already, but yea it could use a few changes. i dont think the half life engine can support the saber fighting u see in jedi knight 2 but i could be wrong

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's fine. If you can't shoot a beam without hiding you've got an issue.

It just encourages players to use them more sparingly. What, do you WANT a server full of kamehameha waves blowing up, wiping out everyone every five seconds?

A combo system would be terrible, too, for what it's worth. Certain other DBZ mods which for reasons of the nazi-esque protection of their work by moderators of this forum must remain nameless try to implement such a system, and it fails miserably.

I reiterate: this is not Street Fighter 2. And computer game engines weren't made for button combinations, either, or the oft-suggested "repeatedly slam on your delicate equipment to win" suggestion. Sorry to come off as antagonistic, but it's really fine the way it is. If they do anything to it, add to it--there is no need to rebuild it all from scratch, or implement a new system, as it is already the most effective and simplistic system for DBZ style melee combat in any of the mods or games out there to date.

Best answers
I was and "hide and shoot" person when I started playing esf as well...but once u get the melee/teleport part you'll find it easy to just teleport away and kick them in the side/back or just beam them...or even kick them to the floor and immidiatly beam them...

Best answers
I agree, melee is only crap if you unskilled at it, if you play agaist a highly skilled opponent, melee battles can be exciting and challanging. On paper the idea of locking onto your opponent and smashing them sounds lame, but in practice it works really well!!! The only beef i have with melee is the fact that someone can hit you in the back and its reallllllly annoying being sent into your own beam or proectile explosion, but vengance can be very sweet.

Personally i hope they dont change melee tooooo much in 1.2, or it will take away a very important element of ESF. Melee is used to stop people from sitting in the corner and using beams like complete n00bs. Oh, and on a last note, melee sucks if you play on 56k, its almost impossible to fight an experienced player with so much lag. But i play on ADSL, so i dont have that prob :p :p :p

Best answers
The meele system they have now is crap it would be beter if it was acctualy a punch combo wid primary and a kick combo wid secondary attack

Best answers
DMZ has a beam button combo system which really isn't that great (saying in nicest way possible) and if ESF were to make a combo system in melee, it'd probably be very similar which would make the whole melee system crap. its fine as is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom