Oh The Horror

Best answers
i am not sure if the admins/creators/important people are aware of this or not (i apologize if you guys are), but i have noticed never-ending lag spikes throughout all of the ESF Central, West, etc... servers. i start swooping someone, all of a sudden its attack of the lag and at some points i actually get dropped from the game :( anyways enough of the complaining. i was wondering if this is an issue with the internet or something with the beta, or something else (i cant really think right now, been runnin on a huge lack of sleep). anyways id appreciate a heads up on whats goin on with those servers and if theres a way to fix it in the future etc.... Thanks in advance. Peace

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
could be devil....but I get those spikes in there a few times, but they are not that bad for some as they are others.o_o

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not devil. Those servers suck. Try to avoid them if you see something else open with a decent ping.

Best answers
Sonics pretty good...... too bad i was lagging when i first played him.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think greg is in charge of the esforces servers
and i agree, they have been "very" unstable lately
i suggest for now going to the =PT= server
its fun IMO:)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by sjj_gohan
Sonics pretty good...... too bad i was lagging when i first played him.....
What's your game handle?

/ontopic: I still hit the official servers once in a while. Playing through lag is a nice work out to get you better prepared for playing without it.

Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
/ontopic: I still hit the official servers once in a while. Playing through lag is a nice work out to get you better prepared for playing without it. [/b]
kind of like weight training, or intense gravity training used in the show:)...........o_O...........just a thought:(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The PT Server is the best one I've ever played in, aside from Raggy's, but Raggy's is gone. Plus you see guys from [::Z::] and a couple of times I bumped into [ape] people in PT, and people like Mystix and such...

...all the well-known forumgoers seem to pop up there. hehe. Always a good fight and seldom any cheese. >:0)

Best answers
yea sonic is pretty dam good and i wasn't laggin when i played him, lol.

Best answers
I get lag there like im getting shot by a lag spike gun I get better ping at different servers

Best answers
*remembers old jackass episode*

its the devil! and he wants that we ban god from our cities and countries!!! because god says the whole time that the devil sux and is bad. he is not bad. he is friendly.

*sees super mega uber duper holy total god believing man coming to him like a psycho and ..... u know what happens*

Best answers
off topic: sonic is a very good opponent, its always a pleasure facing him on esf servers :p
on topic: thanks for the input about this issue, ill have to check out that =PT= server, sounds to me like itll be my new home :laff:

Best answers
It will be your new home,I played there and it runs WAY better,just a ittle bit laggy even with my 200 ping

and yes Sonic is good,somebody asked why he would never die :)

Best answers
does anyone know of any NZ or Aussie servers? <y ping is very bad on most others (like 500 :S)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
yea the servers are a lil choppy

btw Sonic, I only faced you twice, you are an addiction to fight, we only had a good 1 v1 , you beat me of course, it was the best fight I had, other times we all got interrupted

Best answers
Is it because the servers don't have good enough bandwidth?

At my work, my boss is a really cool guy (he's also a close family freind) and i've been trying to set servers up over there. I have a dual t3+ connection there, and 200gb server space i can use for multiple servers.

I'm still talking him into it, but so far this mod is my favorite over the rest, especially with all the new stuff coming :D

I'll try to talk him into it guys....If i can i'll be able to get about 12 servers each able to hold up to 16.

Whats that? Paladin in your eye?
Best answers
The servers are currently down and being worked on ETA for restoration is Tuesday afternoon.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are a lot of in-game factors that cause lag as well.

1.) BIG explosion
2.) Making beam circles (twirlies) go around more than one thing (ex. one spike to another in esf_cell_day)
3.) Firing piccollo's scattershot randomly in all directions by turning around again and again. This is known to cause a lot of spikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom