Did anyone happen to notice this.....

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, signed it awhile ago, i really hope valve looks at it...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
sry. i cant follow that site compleetly. but i signed.. but what is this all about? upgrade the engine?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its to basically give half-life coders more access to the HL engine.

Best answers
if they do then ESF will be about 10xs better(with everything u can do withthen then)so i signed it

Best answers
just love to see a new hl engine but even if they do decide to update the engine it will be awhile before we see it in games and i dont want to wait that long :'( eheheh

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry to say it but online petitions are worthless in the eyes of any serious corporation. Scrolling through a couple of pages of the signature list I see a lot of Ben Dovers and I.P.Freelys. The same person could sign up a thousand different names if he wanted to as well, so it really doesn't tell Valve anything. If you really want their attention gather your own petition of friends with their own email addresses (and not free ones like Hotmail) and have yourselves all send in requests at the same time. I'm not saying it would work, but I'm saying it has a better chance of working out then that online petition.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
Sorry to say it but online petitions are worthless in the eyes of any serious corporation. Scrolling through a couple of pages of the signature list I see a lot of Ben Dovers and I.P.Freelys. The same person could sign up a thousand different names if he wanted to as well, so it really doesn't tell Valve anything. If you really want their attention gather your own petition of friends with their own email addresses (and not free ones like Hotmail) and have yourselves all send in requests at the same time. I'm not saying it would work, but I'm saying it has a better chance of working out then that online petition.
On a positive note, a lot of the major HL coders signed it, along with a lot of people for support. Personally, I think this would work better then your idea, since acouple kids sending valve e-mails at the same time will probably just agrivate them. With this online petition they see thousands of people support this idea, and hopefully they will concider it...

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
\o/ #417.
I voted long ago but my vote was to allow mapper to make huge maps.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its all to the same goal, give the mod user more access to the engine.

Best answers
I don't know, couldn't more access to the engine lead to more exploits?

Best answers
sweet, i hope they really consider this. In retrospect, they have made a lot of moola of a 7 year old game, with little effort in the past while imo. Maybe they will see that they could make more with an updated version, or be happy making money off the little-work-required one

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
also should raise max wpoly/epoly counts so maps can be bigger and better ^^...as well as server to client data transfer speeds so maps/models/sounds/envmaps/sprites/res files can be transfered faster and more effeciently

Best answers
bump, more people sign! wtf you reading this for go sign! kthnxbye! and guys feel free to post this in other hl message boards! you never know what may happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom