pings v1.1

Best answers
i looked at the screenshots on the 1st page and they look amazing gj everyone but then on the last one they all still had pings over 100.. now i talked to a dev yesterday he joined my server and he said that the pings should be greatly reduced o_o although according to that screen there not. It may not be a final version or sumthin so im not criticising just wondering !

Best answers
lol they have only the bad pings because that wasn´t a dedicated server.Someone of the team opened
the server and the one who did that had o ping (0)

Best answers
so... i know that would make quite a lot of difference but i was playing a minute ago and my server wasnt dedicated and most people with a decent connection had a ping of about 70-90 on it .. o_o o_o so ... who knows !

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well they probably have high pings because

1. It is a listen server
2. There are a lot of people
3. A map with high r_speeds... unless Stryker reduced them, I think he did but still they are at 1000 if I remember correctly.

Best answers
Originally posted by c00kie m0nster
so... i know that would make quite a lot of difference but i was playing a minute ago and my server wasnt dedicated and most people with a decent connection had a ping of about 70-90 on it .. o_o o_o so ... who knows !
Different upload speed than you, duh.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woo, thank god im in a nice mood today :)
Okay, when you have someone on a cable modem in the Poconos hosting a 8-9 player server, the pings arnt going to be that pleasant. To add onto it, most of the team members are pretty far away from me.
Me - Pennslyvania ( East USA )
Masta - California ( West USA )
Ntretep - Germany ( Not even in USA )
etc...

Best answers
And if you add me in,which will NEVER happen
Doodie Man - Hong Kong ( Laggorific! )

All I could say is that because they were far apart,real far apart.But then it could also be the hosts fault,who knows.

Pfft......Pcjoe check your PMs,I've sent you something about ESF,and it's title might be so decieving it actually made you delete it....

Best answers
hahaha, u think HK is bad for lag? try a 56k modem with crappy ISP in New Zealand! So i hope the pings will be reduced in the next version, although i dont really know how they would do so...

Best answers
No, noe of you can beat me, crappy ping, in south africa!!!!! Most americans dont even know we have computers, let alone internet! I got asked the other day if we have lions in our garden, i mean, sheesh! Lag is bad no matter what, it sucks, but there aint much i can do about it.

Best answers
thanks for your somewhat interesting answers :scared: but yea no need to get all flamy about it i was only curious like i stated at the beggining and everyone with 56k out there has my full sympathy its harsh, and in such a technologically advanced society that we all live in we should all be acustom to atleast 600k/s downstream internet access, but its a cruel world :( wonder if there is sum organisation i can sign up to ....

Best answers
In my own server obviously I don't lag at all, but in the average server it's pretty good. But to tell you, the official servers are WAY laggy...wow. But damn, nice pics of all those blasts. ;x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom