Umm.....so?

Best answers
Does ESF work for XP, because there isnt Windows Installer for XP and the installation always freezes up when i try to install it. Been frustrating, and does it work for Counter-Strike?o_O

Best answers
Yeah I pretty sure it works for CS because my friend has his under CS, all i do is load the mod and play.
I haven't tried installing ne thing b/c it's at my friends house. Hope I helped u :)

Best answers
Yeah thx, this game looks 2 kewl and i was wonderin if it works on XP, ive been lookin at the forums all day and night lookin for an answer but so far..........none

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since you are a new guy, I won't get you for the double posting... Don't do it again, just use the edit button at the bottom right of your first post. And yes ESF does work with Windows XP because I myself am running Windows XP. If you are having problems installing, you may have to download the file again.

Best answers
Trunkssj6 there is also the possibility you aren't waiting long enough to let it install, i know that the first 3 times or so that i tried to install i stopped the install because i thought it had frozen, and indeed the windows task manager said that it had frozen, but in reality i just needed to give it more time, you might want to try this, but i wouldnt wait any longer than 10 minutes or so.

Best answers
Well mine freezes up and i get an error message stating : "1608: Unable to create InstallDriver instance":S

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a thread in help, posted by Greg, which tells you how to get around the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom