Melee Block>Counter

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but swimming through the sea of search results with no definite title that pertains to what I want isn't my cup of tea.

Everyone knows that you can hold block and right click for melee, and just as someone hits you, let go of block and you'll hit them. I used to find this extremely aggrivating, until I started timing my teleports well. My point is that is this a feature, or should there be a small (1s or so) delay between blocking and attacking?

Best answers
I'm not saying that there is, but probably, that is a good idea to have a delay, but then again, wouldn't it kind of defeat the purpose of melee>block>counter?

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Countering has already been delt with so dont worry. I know a lot of people that are not going to like 1.1 if they based all there skill on countering.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Hsu
Countering has already been delt with so dont worry. I know a lot of people that are not going to like 1.1 if they based all there skill on countering.
Excellent.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, don't worry about it. From what I've been lead to understand, countering may still be possible to a slight degree, though much more difficult to pull off. You shouldn't see it happen very often anymore, and if and when it does happen, it will most likely be dumb luck that they hit you before you hit them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Hsu
Who da man? HSU da man!

ROCK ON!!

Best answers
the only way to get out of melee whores now is going to be by teleporting :(

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. You will be able to play in servers with melee disabled for some reason. So no more whining about melee, you will have options in 1.1 .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh. Zilae was funny.

Anyway, beam-only would be interesting, but not as fun.

Best answers
zilea, melee rocks man :/
its the only thing where it comes to skill in esf

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't say that. Melee requires a lot of fast reactions and occasionally thinking ahead, but using beams in melee is equally difficult, if not more so. Spamming a map even requires a little skill, since you want to hit as many people as possible with each blast, but you don't want to leave them alive and angry either. This thread is going off topic too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is about the most fast-paced game I've ever played. Since melee came out (which is the major reason it's so fast paced) and i've become a fairly good ESF player, i've noticed that my reaction times and skill has gone up on other mods like Half-Life & Opposing Force DEATH MATCH, Global Warfare, and Digital Paintball. A few of my friends, who don't even like DBZ or any anime, practice on ESF just to improve. It has helped them ALOT on Counter-Strike.

Don't whine about MELEE cuz it pwnz and it's only gonna get better, don't expect to be l33t at it right off the bat, it takes practice.

Best answers
i agree with the fast-pace, but i honestly think this game is based way too much on melee
I get bored too :(

Best answers
beams=boring Nothing in the world beats a duel with 2 great people. just watching it is fun

Best answers
i agree that you need melee to make the game fun, but i thnik it's based too much on it=\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Mr. Satan
Only Beams = BORING
Only Melee = BORING
Melee and Eye/Finger Lasers = ANNOYING

Best answers
only melee=fun
no beams= fun
Melee/eyelaser=n00b
melee/counter= is the only way a n00b can beat a pro

SO in other words melee is the thing :)

Best answers
i totally disagree

only melee would make the game so boring you wouldnt believe it :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by NightShade

melee/counter= is the only way a n00b can beat a pro
I've noticed. I'm not calling myself a "pro" but you can tell who's really bad by how much they block counter. However, after the first time they do it I won't make the same mistake again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom