What do you use?

Best answers
Hi names Akumakage (Demon Shadow Cool huh? ;) )

Ok I am curious, what is it that you use to get the mod created? Like what kind of program is used to put it all together and all.

I really dont think that I made any sense what so ever, but thats just the way I am. *shrugs*

Also on an off note, how do you get the text in the sig to glow kind of? Or in that way?

Best answers
To put it all together you need a program called C++, it codes the game together, like weaving it all together.

-Coder: uses C++ program to weave everything together.
-Mapers: who make maps for you game to play in. Program - Hammer
-Modelers: for the characters. Program - 3DS Max
-Skinners: so your models look kewl. Program - Paint Shop Pro
-Sound artist: makes sounds for the game. Program -
-Sprite artist: makes the animations for the game's models. Program -
-Site hoster: makes the site for your mod. Program - A site

Now go out and make yourself a mod!

Best answers
Your local Office Depot, Best Buy or any retail Computer store.
But be warned this is extremly hard to do.
Making a mod may sound easy but don't get your hopes up.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Best answers
Trust me I know this has to be one hell of a job and takes some real talent and time and patience to get this done. I have a game design program and thats no picknick @.@ All the 0 and 1's.

Thanks! ^^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most people who have a skill in HL development, (i.e. mapping, modeling, etc.) eventually someday hope to make a mod. (I know I do :D)
Just find other people who have the skills Glenn listed above, get together, and see what you can come up with! ;)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Visual C++, which is the programming language that HL is programmed in, is no cakewalk to learn, so be warned. You may want to seek some formal instruction in it to get you started. I know I probably couldn't have started normal, dos-based C++ without instruction, let alone Visual.

Best answers
plus they have a whole bunch of books and junk that u can read up on and learn from... its really difficult though so try it out see if u like it and have the patience for it :D

supershenlon2k3

S
Where can I get hammer? I've looked in shops, and even looked on Kazaa but cudnt find ne thing

supershenlon2k3

S
Damn. 3D's max is really hard 2 use. Would Z brush work 4 the models?

supershenlon2k3

S
Oh ye, is it also possible 2 just use Paint Shop Pro 7 4 the models insted?

Best answers
yea i know what it takes to make a game, i started making one and i thought it was gonna be cool but my computer started to mess up so i had to stop, but all you who take the time and dont have anything stand in the way, we all want to thank you =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom