How do people do it?

Best answers
How does someone eleport halfway across the map in literally less than a wuarter of a second, know how far they've gone while doing it, then execute an attack before most video cards could even draw the players?
How do you people teleport exactly how many times you need to and go as far as you have to, and not get lost or anything?
can someone PLEASE explain how you do this stuff?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Practice. Practice, practice, pratice. Thats how you do it. It just takes getting used to.

Best answers
They do that just rom practice?
I cannot believe that a human can do anything that fast.
Or do they inject heroin directly into their brain before playing?
Is it really all practice?

Best answers
to teleport quickly, the cheapest and increasingly more common way is scripting (don't do it, it is cheap) and the rest is practice

Best answers
after you play the game for a wile, u start to expect people to do stuff, and that is one reason that it seems that people react so fast to things... Also he probably was just using mouse weel or two different teleport keyes then swoop right after he finished his tele.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For the ones that do binds though the one saving grace is that they don't really have good control over how many times they teleport. They'd have to bind a lot of different buttons to have good control, and it takes time to get your fingers on the button and to decide how many times to do it. I personally play with nothing, just the game. Even so, I still managed to dish out some decent ownage today after not lpaying for 2 months.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's true Karrde, but.. people can control teleport with binds. They can change the sensitivity of the bind.

But anyway.. I suggest you learn to use teleport with the "R" key. It's a lot easier and faster. :)

-Peace out

Best answers
i think i ran into someone that was useing binding cuse when they teleported to me that hit me and i tryed teleporting and then hiting them and i cant do it i dont no mabe that person was real good at it:\

Best answers
Easy as this all they do is bind the tela key to the mouse wheel... thats all they are ding anyone can do it with a mouse that has a wheel on it.....even though my self consider it to be cheap and shows how much of a noob they are :\

~{ape}~SSJPanther

Best answers
panther youre my idol in melee ^^

anyways,sometimes people use 2 buttons that can be easily accesible by both hands,but for real,I dunno how.I know I can teleport at a decent speed.But then again like what they said....

Practise,practise,practise

V'

Best answers
I use the ctrl key and the mousewheel. The only thing that bothers me is the people who abuse the mousewheel. They do a Special Beam Cannon and then run off to the other side of the map. Its rediculios and ahows how much of a coward they are.

Best answers
hehe I could see your pont V,what more chicken than a Special Beam Spammer?

Either way,I suggest you bind your teleport button to r,if you messed up your config that is.It's an easy to reach button so you should be able to control the direction you want to teleport to......maybe except right....^^;

I'm pretty confused at the moment

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just pound my insert key, works well enough. Even after months off I was still able to beat the crap out of almost everyone in the server I was in. You don't even need such huge teleports to do things right, just enough to confuse them and hit them at an odd angle. And there's nothing wrong with using the SBC a lot. Asside from melee, it's picolo's only useful attack (scatter shot's only useful near the ground or a wall). Sure, you've got masenko, but it's absolutely worthless :p I love knocking ppl into the ground and finishing them off with SBC.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by MyStiX
That's true Karrde, but.. people can control teleport with binds. They can change the sensitivity of the bind.

But anyway.. I suggest you learn to use teleport with the "R" key. It's a lot easier and faster. :)

-Peace out
actualy i use the third way, i put the teleport on the scroll buton on my mouse, is going much faster as binds

Best answers
did not read this all but i use 2 buttons for teleport
r = 1 teleport
mouse scroll = teleport with mouse scroll & because i scroll fast i teleport VERY FAST like a bind but it isn't ;)

Best answers
Originally posted by Panther#1
Easy as this all they do is bind the tela key to the mouse wheel... thats all they are ding anyone can do it with a mouse that has a wheel on it.....even though my self consider it to be cheap and shows how much of a noob they are :\

~{ape}~SSJPanther
Actually Panther controlling mouse weel takes allot of skill.... sure its easy to just spin it in a random directing to go twards the person, but to control it so u get like 7 teles is harder than most would think. Also why would it be cheap? any one can do it, its not like only one character can use mouse weel or something..

I got better and need to duel you again like the old days :D

Best answers
How do you mean "how could it be considerd cheap"? well lets see hmm well the ability to tela across the map to some one and hit them is somthing that cant be used in any way to be considered cheap? hmm well i think you need to check this again.... im sorry but i may be the only one thinking in this way but eh what ever.... and on another note ill be glad to fight you again ;) just give me a IM when ever... PM me if you dont know my AIM name or just ask pic.

~{ape}~SSJPanther

Best answers
I use mousewheel but also have it bound to 'r'. I find it much easier to use mousehweel though cuz it doesnt require the use of extra fingers and you can decide how many teleports to do easily and more efficiently.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have 5 mouse buttons. The left and right Side buttons are teleport, and recharge, respectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom