Beams

Best answers
How do you people use beams? I'm having a lot of trouble using them much, unless it's something like Final Flash that kills everything. I mean, how can you hit someone with a Generic Beam, especially if they're in the air? They won't just stand there, and they'll likely hit you with a melee while your beam is traveling. Is there some way to get the beam to detonate when it's right next to someone?

Also, what's the point of descending levels? People have mentioned that they often fight in their low levels, but ascend for example in the middle of a power struggle to win it. Why wouldn't you always fight in ascended form? (with the exception of Goku's Genki Dama, I understand that)

Best answers
Well the generic beam just takes skill you usually knock them down and while they are stunned you blast them...as for the levels think of it this way we are both 2 million you ascend and i decide not to when you hit me i gain 1,000 power level and when i hit you, you gain like 100 cuz you are more powerful. then i acsend and that 1,000 i got becomes 2,000 so it basically doubles your level to fight in descended form until you need to ascend. Also if you ever descend then you would have only really gained 50 power level, and also if you make a wish as ssj then you only gain half the pl you should gain...I hope that cleared some things up

Best answers
OK I get it. One more question: does Power Level boost the strength of your attacks, as well as how much you can use them? cuz attacks like Kamehameha use up almost all your power bar, I would assume that having a bigger power bar would mean more power in the beam.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
yeah.. the higher your powerlevel becomes. the stronger you'r attacks will be. so the k-wave will be stronger. so as the other attacks. and the attack takes the same ki as normal. so even you'r powerlevel is ELITE high. the attack drains the same ki. and the ki stays the same

Best answers
When you turn SSJ, the ki-cost of your attacks is cut by half...so where you could do one and a half fully charged k-waves normally, at SSJ you can do 3 fully charged k-waves...but in regaurds to pl...ki stays the same regaurdless

Best answers
So doesn't this mean that all the characters that can't descend are at a disadvantage? Because they can't gain PL nearly as fast? I've tried it, and it does seem like characters like Cell, Krillin and Buu are at a disadvantage once they transform PL-wise.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Buu gains Ki real fast... so not really. Cell only has a 1.5 multiplier, so after a while they will be. Krillen takes a long time to trans... but hes pretty fast after that... actually, hes the fastest... So he would be hard to hit... Even with a lower pl, some will have a hard time landing a hit on him... so the only person I see really... is cell

Best answers
But doesn't everyone gain Ki at the same rate, depending on how weak they are? Just seems to me that if you're transformed Buu for example, whacking a descended Goku won't net you much PL, but him whacking you will get him a lot, and if he keeps doing that he'll have a transformed PL of 25,000,000 or so eventually (I've gotten that high easily before with Goku), while Buu has a hard time getting over 7,000,000 (around his starting point when transformed)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Candy attack gives buu alot of PL :D
Yes.. people do gain at the same rate... unless your the one with the highest... then you lose some when you die to balance them out. late joiners will haev a lower pl, no?
Thats why when they die, they gain.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
But doesn't everyone gain Ki at the same rate, depending on how weak they are? Just seems to me that if you're transformed Buu for example, whacking a descended Goku won't net you much PL, but him whacking you will get him a lot, and if he keeps doing that he'll have a transformed PL of 25,000,000 or so eventually (I've gotten that high easily before with Goku), while Buu has a hard time getting over 7,000,000 (around his starting point when transformed)

If you're a higher PL than the person you're fighting, you'll get less Power Level by hitting them with an attack than they do by hitting you. It's the same idea with the damage for each attack by itself; most attacks will do more damage to someone with less PL than you, and less to someone with more. Characters that transform permamently are at a serious disadvantage with the current PL gain after death setting, because characters who can decent will do so right before they die, meaning they will get more PL from respawning than someone who cannot decend before death. It will be more balanced in 1.1, when PL after death can be disabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom