i need help DLing the game.....

Best answers
Hello all.
*sighs* me first post. anyway, can any one tell me why it takes so bloody long to load ESF? it seems to be taking a long time. i hava 56k modem, but this seems slower than even that....;/ how long did every body elses download take? i really wanna play it now after reading about it all.......:(

Best answers
its all about where ur downloading. . .

u must remember that even tho the server u are downloading from is geographically close doesn't make it close at all from a network point of view. . .

also what time of day r u downloading. as the server maybe expirancing high traffic. and finally its a 90mb download so it could take up to 9hours or more for dialup.

and also u may not have the best phonelines so even tho u have a 56k modem doesn't mean that u will be downloading any faster than a 28.8k modem.

Best answers
what bata said is true, it all depends on tour connection and the speed of da server.

get a download manager like DAP (download accelerator plus) and download it in steps.

(btw took me 50 mins to dl)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, rub it in guys, sure he appreciates it :p

Well, i can tell you all about a slow connection lol *thinks back and shivers*...well i used to have a 52k connection with AOL which arent supposed to be very good, and trust me...they werent. (disconnects every now and then, which is annoying on games such as Legend Of Mir) Maybe you could tell us where your downloading it from, where you live and how much kb/s its doing so we can help you some more (DAP is your best friend)

Best answers
lol i have ta rub it in cause till just recently i use to have dialup :D

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I feel your pain man... It took me in between 7-5 hours to download. My suggestion is to just stay connected overnight if possible and download it. And if you find a server that allows continuing downloads, try a download resume program like Gozilla or Netvampire(I am sure there are much better ones but I don't know which ones are good and which aren't)

Hang in there, it is very worth the download.

Best answers
im an aussie, and i guess i will jus have to do it overnight..........
except that i dont buy the time so im not sure that they would appreciat that much..... oh well....:smile: also, where can i get download manager thingies or speed up ones? and are they free or do u have to keep paying a fee? (reason i ask, i once downloaded something that told me i owed 50 bucks for no reason.)

Best answers
who is ur isp if telstra might think bout gamearena they have a version u can download but if ur not u wont beable to resume downloads once it disconnects which it is sure to do on dial up poor bugga http://www.getright.com/

Best answers
well i have cable so only 2 to 4 minutes but the server could be bad or you were downloading or goin to site when you were downloading at the same time that also slows your connection or you never got a good connection when you connected to the net

Best answers
his main problem is definetly that the only server in his country(australia in the middle of no where) requires u to wait 10-30mins before u start downloading less u are a customer. . .this is no good cause the download accelerators will time out. . . being on 56k so the only option he has is to download from servers over seas. . .
i would suggest finding an american server to download from.

Best answers
thanks people. JEEZUZ i hate 56k....... ah well.
and i dont care that we are n the middle of nowhere.
STRUUTH! BLOODY OATH MATE, THIS TAKES HOURS!
:p

also, is there like a manual or something where i can see the controls and how the system works? (i mean like the melee system. cos BFP for quake 3's melee system is BAD. u press and hold a button and then u jus fly to the person and smash inta them. doesnt work to well....... :S )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom