...is it me? or is the server laggin?

Best answers
uhh......just wondering, is there something going on with the ESFORCES servers?? because i usually get like 40ping on those servers and now i get like 100 - 120~~~ i'm lagging soooooo bad~~~ and i was just wondering..if it's just me? or is everyone else lagging too?

just wondering :D

Best answers
Well im lagging all the time.. or else i cant find the servers.
arent they in the US??
if so thats why..
im from Denmark :D
so i always join the server called [NL] something..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ermmm you make no sense. FPS are how well your computer is peforming, and if you had 100 rather than 40, then it would be much faster. If you mean ping, then 100 isnt bad and the "REALLY" bad lag is in your head. Try playing in a server located closer to you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, he's right...the game just doesn't seem to function well 100% of the time when in ESFORCES servers. >:0\

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a difference between Packet Loss and Frame rate loss. They *feel* the same, though. If you are getting 30 frames a second, but you have a 50% rate of packet loss, it'll look like 15 frames per second. Maybe not exactly, but it works out like that. The ESForces servers have some serious packet losing issues, so the performance feels like crap. Server needs an upgrade.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the farther away u are from the server the higher the ping

that simple

Best answers
yes, and i've also geotten puke lag

Also, why is my post number going up only like once every 3 posts?

I noticed it this mornign when i posted, so i tried posting again, and it didnt go up, then it psoted again when i posted 1 more time

I psoted probably like 15 times today and my post count only went up like 4 lol

Best answers
Zilea: posts dont count in off topic i dont think.

Also about the lag, what does 'cl_flush entity packet' mean? I get it all the time when i play, usually when the game lags really bad. (I normally have a ping of about 500)

Best answers
it simply means you are lagging real bad....

for me I play in them even if I lag,with my crappy 11 fps and 300+ ping....but hey that's life,besides I scared all HK ESF players away by pwning them

Best answers
i'm so laggy too... but i think it's because im from argentina and there aren't any servers from here... f*cking country! (sorry if my english isn't very good) o_O

Best answers
well now the lag seems to be getting better, maybe it's because that they are just using their computers?? lol just a thought, and maybe cuz they are updating the 1.1 version or something that could use up a lot of rams... well, at least now im getting like 40-50 ping now :laff:

Best answers
no i think because greg tweaked the machines a bit they worked a bit better,but I'm not really sure

but it's really hard to find a good server host so I can't blame him at all for the laggy performance I get in there....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom