Swoop

Best answers
Well, I'm not sure if this should go in bugs, suggestions, or what, but this has been pissing me off for too long.

Whenever I am in a melee battle, sometimes I cannot swoop at the person. Mostly it is when I am in close range with the person, I don't know if that was put in on purpose or what, but that should be changed, cuz there are times when I am not within melee distance of the person, and simply using forward will get my ass kicked. Other times it simply won't work, I left click while targeted, and I have to click 3 or even 4 times to get to swoop. It doesn't really make much sense I know but it sucks.

Any ideas on whether this was intended when made or what?

Best answers
@Brim : I also have this problem sometimes. I just teleport away. hope this will be better in 1.1

Best answers
I too just teleport away, but that also leaves 1 second or so to be attacked by he who you are swooping at...and usually that is just what happens...I don't know if it can be worked on, but it sure would be nice...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Tux[Lurking]
Never happend to me..
Well, you obviously dont know what he is talking about then, cause it will happen to anyone in the right situation. You could always teleport up to the aswell, with seconday attack held down a hope that you hit him, although i too would find it useful if this did not happen

Best answers
if you get really close to them in you can swoop at them ( for me at least ), i usually use forward or teleport away but i think it happeneds to almost everyone

Best answers
most times with that problems is when i have a ping of 200+

Best answers
yeah this also happens to me a lot, I usually manage to just teleport before any harm is done.
Sometimes when I want to stop swooping to teleport, I stop swooping for no appearant reason, just before I press the LMB so I start swooping again, so I can't teleport :(

It seems really hard to control starting and stopping swooping with ping around 200, because this never happens when I host myself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Happens to me a lot. Really annoys me to the point I give up and quit.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Happens a lot, I just teleport away once and continue meleeing, then it works. :-\

Best answers
Ok people, I understand that it happens, my question is does anyone know why it happens, is it a bug, was it meant to be put in, will it change in the future...please no more, yeah it happens to me, but I do whatever everyone just said in 5 other posts...geez

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that they might have made a slight mistake coding it to where you were to far away to melee, but to close to swoop... I don't think this was intended, so it hopefully will be fixed.

Best answers
It happens to me alot. It sorta gets annoying to the point where i dotn want to play anymore.

Best answers
Originally posted by Brim
Ok people, I understand that it happens, my question is does anyone know why it happens, is it a bug, was it meant to be put in, will it change in the future...please no more, yeah it happens to me, but I do whatever everyone just said in 5 other posts...geez
Again people, I ask you, do not post simply saying, yeah it happens to me, we have established that it is not just me...unless you can answer the questions of "Is it a bug or intentionally put in?" or "Will it be changed in future versions?", please do not post...spam is not needed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know why that happens but it happens VERY often to me. I also noticed that my melee won't actually lock on many times as well. I've noticed this occurs more often if I am against a wall...and it doesn't appear to happen to many others.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol. I posted something about Melee help with this in it some time ago :p I remember you posting in it too. I dont think its a bug.... but then again, I dont think they put it in on purpose....
Now when it happens, I teleport back one and swoop at them, since for some reason, most of the time they stop infront of where you were before you teleported.... Ive stopped playing esf for some time >.<;; stupid hud and beams are messed :D

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was most likely just a beta 1 error that is being fixed in beta 1.1. I have noticed I can't lock on with melee if I'm on the ground and the person I'm attempting to lock onto is also on the ground. This has probably been posted before and I'm just to lazy to look for it... I think we all just have to wait to see what 1.1 gives us when it comes. It will most likely fix everything we've *****ed about and , bob knows, create something new for us to ***** about.

Best answers
Yeah, I get this: I call it a "swoop jam". In the middle of an intense fight, you don't always have time or ki to teleport, and so it ends up killing you. Melee is a tense business already, being killed by something that's not your fault is just pure frutrating.

It nothing to do with lag, BTW; it's happened to me with pings of 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom