how do u kick without admin

Best answers
i have had problems with kicking people without admin... they have symbols in their name like {[}[() ect.... when they have those in their name i cant use the normal kick command when i put in their name after the kick....i have also tried putting in there 7 numbered id and it doesnt work....and since i cant get acsess to admin mod..(and i cant figure that out anyway).. i dont know what to do...help please.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
do this... when you need to kick somebody, type in /status into the console. instead of going for the 7 numbered ID, go for the first number to the left of their name like this:

/kick #1 or /kick #3 or whatever number is first.

Best answers
i probably should have said that before, but that doesnt work....when u put in that number it only works with admin....im a fan of cs thats how i know how to work that.. but the kick # doesnt work...

Best answers
ok let me get this straight u get their userids then try to kick them via kick #userid and it doesn't work. . .

either the server isn't urs and u dont have admin rights to the server or ur not doing it correctly.

if u started the server urself should be fine just type kick #

if u have been given rcon password then u will have ta type the password in via rcon_password. then whenever u use a server command u will have ta have rcon in front e.g. rcon kick #userid.

finally remember that wonid and userid are 2 different things. if u know all this and it still doesn't work i would say something it wrong. . .

Best answers
how do u kick without admin
I believe this is what the title says,if Im not mistaken

if youre not running the server or dont have rcon dont even bother trying,you do not have acces rights unless someone gives them to you

If you do have rcon access remember to add the rcon commend before every command you type,like kick

rcon kick "Name here"

and if you are running the server then scrap the rcon command and stuff

remember that the double-quotes can help to identuify,as they can work....let's say....the persons name is utter n00b
if youe type like this

kick utter n00b

it wouldnt work.....but with the quotes....

kick "utter n00b"

it would work....it also helps with some symbols,but not the `(tilde) button....that's what Im afraid of ^^'

Best answers
ok look i can kick people just fine with normal names like "bob" thats not a problem... but lets say someone has this name
"[] (] ]) []" it wont work... even with clan memebers when they have the name like [ssj]joebob u cant kick them.. sometimes i dont think i can kick people with 2 names like "bob bear"... i just want to know how to kick these people they are the most trouble. they know u cant kick them so they try to piss u off. and i want to kick them without just shutting down the server.... and yes im in control of the server cause i can change things and kick people.

Best answers
its simple type status in console. it will bring up a whole heap of information. in it each player will have a userid assigned to them. now with that userid type kick #userid

Best answers
and if that doesnt work....try the name again

and for the example of bob bear,type it in like this

kick "bob bear"

Best answers
i think there is only one time when u cant kick someone they way rave said thats when there is a ` in the name

Best answers
yea bata right you can't kick som1 if there name has a ` in it but if you want to kick them goto console /stats or /status or /stat and serr there userid now put kick# "userid"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom