!!!Installation failed!!!

Best answers
i downloaded ESF, but it was wierd. its was at about 14 percent with about 4 hrs left (56k modem lol) and all of a sudden the download stoped. so i was like "hmm thats wierd" it was on my desktop where i saved it, and whenever i go to install it, a message comes up saying "1628: Failed to complete installation" and thats just when my installshield wizard is getting ready to install it! so whats the problem? plz dont tell me i have to download it again......

Basic Summary: I had a short d/l for some reason, i try to install it, it cant get past the "installshield wizard" before an error saying "1628: Failed to complete installation" occurs, i get mad.
thats it.:cry: help me :cry:

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I can say is that you need to download it again. I know it hurts, but that is your only choice.

Hopefully this time it will work for you.

Best answers
you can't stop at 14 percent you have to goto 100... get getright

Best answers
or godzilla or download accellerator, that are all programs with which you can download and continue later on so you can have breaks between downloading. And sometimes they speed up your download a bit to!!!

Best answers
hmmm, where can i get this "godzilla" or "download accelerator", i will surely use them, and i have one more question, earlier i read that in order to play ESF, u'll have to have an up to date version of "half-life", is this true, if so where can i get this?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
look at www.planethalflife.com.

or search for the update at fileplanet.com . The most up to date version is 1.1.1.0, but as a warning, this is another large file for a 56ker to download.

Best answers
Actually, that's "Go!Zilla", not "Godzilla". That being said, it's available <a href="http://www.gozilla.com">here</a>. I prefer Download Accelerator, though, which is available, fittingly enough, at <a href="http://www.downloadaccelerator.com">www.downloadaccelerator.com</a>. Well, I did, back in my modem days, anyway, as it stands now I consistently get 120k/sec+ from File Planet. As for needing the newest Half Life patch, yes you do, and it's available where Miroku said, or more specifically, <a href="http://www.fileplanet.com/files/50000/57317.shtml">here</a>. You'll need a GameSpy ID, but a basic one is free, and you likely already have one if you were downloading ESF. Pinky18's link will not help you in your ESF endeavor, by the way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Rabbit
hmmm, where can i get this "godzilla" or "download accelerator", i will surely use them, and i have one more question, earlier i read that in order to play ESF, u'll have to have an up to date version of "half-life", is this true, if so where can i get this?
I'm getting the impression that you don't have the game Half-Life... if you don't have it, you have to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom