Turbo Problems?

Best answers
I didnt know what to search for this and It might take long with words like turbo so I thought id come straight out with it...

I take it its not just me that when your moving with a turbo it goes upside down and the arrows are pointing downwards!?!?!? Is that going to be fixed???

Best answers
No, it's normal. The Aura spikes doesn't really move smoothly with the movements of the player.
I'll hope they make it more realistic in the next tweaks and patches.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In HL it's just too difficult to make realistic looking auras. I think it looks fine as is.

-Karrde-

Best answers
exactly it does look fine as it is....i think they should make it that it just like always stays the same, it would be most realistic i guess, same as in the series when goku dropped his aura didnt i think......

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's supposed to turn upside down...that represents the aura being "blown" that happens on DBZ when they do movement...you know what I mean?

Best answers
Well after a month or so of waiting for 1.1 ive decided to come visit the forums, yay
Well anyways, MHO about this subject
everyone always says that "oh this cant be done with the hl engine" but i dunno, after seeing what they did with dod v.1 im thinkin that the h/l engine can handle a hella lot more then everyone gives it credit for. Smoother aura movement would be nice, but would it be possible to do a quick aura switch when turboing and moving?? cause the same aura reversed does look ok, but a new movement aura would suit it better, just dunno if thats possible or not.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lemme put it a different way :p A lot of things are possible but not feasible :p I'm sure they could make something that looks a lot more like the show but it would lag the game to hell to do it.

-Karrde-

Best answers
I dunno, dod v.10 looks a hella lot like MOH allied assault (except the trees and grass :p), the models are extremely high quality, the new particle effects are even sweeter. Its probably the most graphically intensive thing ever done with the h/l engine and it runs like a dream. My question is how did they get everything to look so good and is it possible to make ESF look that good.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yo karde! If people don't want to use it should be part of something like fx quality 4. This way people can choose if they want to use it or not.

Best answers
Originally posted by KarrdeKNR
In HL it's just too difficult to make realistic looking auras. I think it looks fine as is.

-Karrde-
yes i agree way to difficult but if you have a extreme modeler that has like 20 years experiance he could probably do it..

Best answers
and besides dod doesnt look that extremely great...imho it isnt much better then counterstrike and that isnt much better then hl itself!!!I think ESF has done some of the best work i have ever seen with the hl engine!!Just leave the aura a bit make it more static so what it will look maybe even more professional especiaally before you find out what should be done!

Best answers
you mean this potw:

because that isnt an aura i think it is from the earthlike spirit bomb attack like vegeta and his final flash!!

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DOD v1 looks so good becuase they put the effort into it. Its not even a question of what the halflife engine can handle with that game because they went and remodeled parts of the engine so that they could do what they wanted to with it. The core is there and then they edit it. They put more effort into it just like they did with RTCW to the Q3 engine. The engine is the base and depending on how good the base is you can push it really far. You also have to understand that coders are getting better and better. The doom 3 engine is being written around the Geforce (yes the first one) core. On subject though I think that gameplay is more important than anything. They've done a great job on eveything and everyone should sit back and enjoy the fireworks as they come.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Check out my dev journal and freedoms "darktooths creation post ", any suggestions/comments?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um well damn. Guess that shuts me up :p Even as just a demo of what you can do, that aura is looking very nice, joe. Better than the current one. The blending and the rotation gives a much stronger effect of motion, makes it seem to flow better than the current static one.

-Karrde-

Best answers
who says the DOD team codes better then esf???:p....this owns like hell pcjoe this is the one of the best auras i have ever seen and it runs so smoothly and true to the show!!!really good....as i said, i do not think the dod team has done that much of a great job, esf has done much better with such another game made then halflife!!Great job guys............Me loves ESF Team :p:D...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
you moron, the DoD team PWN the esf team EVERY TIME, they have a retail version out and their mod is pplayed by robin williams

saying esf codes better than Dod is like saying grass is pink

Best answers
you are stupid, just because a game is popular it doenst mean it is better!!!Robbie Williams is an idiot, so what if he plays DoD. And after all DoD is around longer. If you just look at the code of DoD you'll see in my opinion that the esf code is way better as are the graphics etc. DoD isnt that special especially in comparison to HL itself the idea isnt really original to. They could have pushed the enige to way further limits but they don't. So dont say popular= good cuz that s bull!!!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
the graphics on esf arent better than dod, thats just ridiculous, get a ****ing clue, and its ROBIN theres a big ****ing difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom