new sounds, animations and charge

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
earlier during the beta 1.1 preview they said they did not get to show the new sounds and animations, and then durning the preview trunks had a new charge. my question is: are they still adding these things in 1.1?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think no, if you look on the main page, it says they are trying to put 1.1 in an linux pack for all the people with those type of computers, so i think they have done everything they need to do until they start working on the next beta (1.2)

Sound Artist
Best answers
Yeah everything is done, animation, sound ect. Just making the linux version.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it does suck abit, they had finshed the windows version but they are releasing it after the linux version which isnt even done o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Jayster
it does suck abit, they had finshed the windows version but they are releasing it after the linux version which isnt even done o_O
If you are willing to read the new notice up on the esf site properly, it'l tell you why.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"we will be releasing the linux version a couple days before the windows version in order to get the dedicated servers set up"

enough said.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude, dont get *****y, yeah but all the people with windows wont beable to play on linux anyway so why are they making the windows players wait?!?!

Best answers
because the dedicated servers are run off of linux, so if you are a regular like im sure everyone else is that plays on those servers, just be patient and wait for the release

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jeez... It's just a game calm down. They don't even need to release any version if they don't feel like it. Just hold yourself over with other activities.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh yeah, no linux version = no linux servers = almost no dedicated servers = playing on games hosted by 56ks where the admins think they can host 20 ppl.

-Karrde-

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by KarrdeKNR
Uh yeah, no linux version = no linux servers = almost no dedicated servers = playing on games hosted by 56ks where the admins think they can host 20 ppl.

-Karrde-
I do that all the time on my poor 56k and nobody lags!!! erm...

anyways, when you do add a server or search for them, in the server list in HL, you see different icons. The one that looks like a computer tower means its a dedicated server(a machine runs the dedicated server program and doesn't participate in the gameplay so it can dedicate all its power to the game)

If it has a little penguin that means that the server is being run off of a linux OS.

and the windows logo means it is ran off of a Windows OS.

You can join either server with either OS, it does not matter.
As a matter of fact, no matter what OS you are running, going for the dedicated linux servers is what you want to do. they are more reliable. which is why they will release it a couple days early so everybody who does run dedicated servers can get their server up and running for the windows version.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Jayster
dude, dont get *****y, yeah but all the people with windows wont beable to play on linux anyway so why are they making the windows players wait?!?!
Any server with a penguin near it is a Linux server, and you probably play in them all thee time. They run much better than windows ones, typically, because the Linux OS is a bit more flexible and doesn't suck up as much power.

Get educated before you start to whine, at least.

Best answers
yeah its a good point, and i think its the right one but it would be nice to be able to download the windows one now so maby get a few lan games going, ah well, though i still would prefer stability and smoothness over a release date a week earlier.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jayster, take a chill pill dude, i only showed what your requested, and thats the thanks i get. If you want them to release the windows version with it, and have loads of complaints about dedicated linux servers being down then you, my friend are an idiot

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, i'm sorry, i jsut think for all the people that want to wait shouldnt downlaod it dont but all the people who want to who like play against bots *like me and loads of others* should beable to downlaod it

like 1.1 is up for download for all the people who want to download it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom