Once and for all about Trunks

Best answers
Does the ESF team plan on fixing the mistake of having the FB as a ball and Burning Attack as a beam or is it just going to stay like that for God knows what reason. If so, why not make it so that when Trunks turns SSJ, he gets a second, more powerful FB that's a beam so he wouldn't be such a disgrace in Power Struggles?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trunks is not now, nor has he ever been, nor will he ever be a power struggling character. If you want power struggles go with Goku or Vegeta, not Trunks. Trunks is a straight melee character, as he always was on the show. I do think they should fix the ball-beam mistake though.

Best answers
I understand that Trunks is a melee man and all that jazz, however he does know how to manipulate energy just like everyone else. I mean look at his strategy in defeating Freeza, Android 17, Android 18, and Cell. First he melee’s them, and then after he has them down or when he catches them by surprise he blasts them with an energy attack. 2 times he used an energy wave attack, once against Android 18 and on Freeza, By the looks of it he also used his FB twice also. One time for sure against Cell and he also used a very similar technique against Vegita.

All I’m saying is that he isn’t pure melee he does know how to throw around energy attacks and just because he doesn’t throw around that many doesn’t mean that he shouldn’t have his attacks fixed so he can’t PS. Now I might be a bit crazy here but another reason for Trunks not shooting that many energy attacks could be that he wasn’t in that many episodes compared to all the other characters.

Of course that’s just my opinion.

Best answers
I'm not saying that Trunks should be the best or even third best at power struggling, but to completely cripple a character from an aspect like power struggling is unbalanced. A yellow attack isn't standing up to a kame on the same PL, not in any way shape or form, at least not without some serious distance. And distance is something a melee character doesn't like. If Trunks is a melee character, then is Goku a beam character? If so, then how come he's faster than Trunks and all that junk? It just seems unbalanced to me, that's all I'm saying.

Best answers
it is still a beta, i'm guessing they'll balance things out in later releases, so just stay calm

(this wasn't meant hostile :D)

Best answers
I think trunks should be evend out like if u played any dbz games with trunks in there he is pretty good and he does have more than 2 moves...like in Budokai he has burning attack,finish buster, and buster cannon..and in some other games are the same and he also has this move where he thows electricity on the grown and it hits the person and he just falls..so i think that the characters and kamehameha should be fixed..because if goku turns supersays and has a powerl evevl of 25,000,000 and uses a kamehameha he will kill everyone incuding him self with one shot fully charged...and a sbirit bomb could be worse....

Orz

Best answers
Regarding Trunks being melee-based in the show, it's true that he rarely used his energy attacks except as finishing moves. That doesn't mean that he was incapable of power struggling as well as the others. In his entire life he was fighting against people far more powerful than himself, and melee was the only way he could stay alive. He couldn't hope to match the infinite energy of the androids or the incredible power of Cell.

He was never matched against somebody whose ki was equal to his own. Then, power struggling might come into play. The Trunks we saw never had the opportunity to do so - power struggling against the Androids or Cell would have been suicide.

It's fine to have Trunks as a melee-based character, to allow for diversity in the game. But to use the show as a basis for it seems a little misjudged. We don't know that he couldn't do it, only that we never saw it.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they made the finishing buster a beam and burning attack a ball then trunks could power struggle with the rest of them. Until then though I think hes screwed. He doesn't need anymore moves... Damn it he's already getting a sword!

Best answers
trunks killed android 17,18 and cell in the future timeline with energy attacks :) . and he gave vegeta a ticket to the other side of the planet when he final flashed him when vegeta wanted to let cell reach his perfect form. trunks is sorta like gohan when it comes to beams, when he is pissed off... RUN. otherwise he cant really use his power properly. but he has a shiny sword :) .

Best answers
man with muti PS you dont need a good beam to PS, just fire a large ball attack (FB) and then back it up with a generic. The ball attack will stop the first beam in its tracks and then once the PS has started all beams input the same amount of ki into the stuggle nomatter which one it is (if PL are the same that is)

There you go, struggle ahoy.

Best answers
Trunks uses plenty of energy blasts in the movies. I like his sword, but a lot of people dont know how he got it...maybe some background imfo should be shown when selecting a character, that way people find out some new stuff they didnt know. Like how trunks got his sword!

Best answers
Um.. Once everyone's past 5 million or probably even 3 million the Finishing Buster doesn't even slow beams down, let alone push back long enough for you to fully charge up a generic beam. Don't give me that. Trust me, I know.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
have to say yes trunks is a useless character with crap moves in the game and when he transforms his finishing buster is as good as goku's or vegta's move when their not ssj !!!!!

Best answers
Scepter....you wanna know how trunks got his sword...? WELL! Trunks got it from the movie called dragon fist or something like that and the person "Tapion" had it and when the dragon fist was beaten tapion gave his sword to trunks cause he helped him out alot and thats why trunks's sword is called tapions sword..u get it now? but in the movie he was a kid..and eventualy his sword breakes when he hits adroid 18 with it....

Best answers
i agree about you with trunks moves and crap, but i have a question that may seem dumb to u peeps. well, here it goes. WHY DOES TRUNK'S BURNING ATTACK SUCK. in the shows it was like his strong attack and in budokai it took it 3 KI bars to use it. i feel ESF did a crappy job on evening out trunks.

Best answers
Trunk is a melee caracter -->in the game<--, he got weak beam cuz he got a really strong melee, and hes fast and he get SSj really fast, i can get ssj in less than 5 min with him, hes strong enough with what he has, if u want to use beams and do alot of PS, use Cell he got all the beams.

Best answers
technically, trunks is one hell of a pser, use the FB against a close to ssj gokus spirit bomb
its gonna win, ive done it, it can fill a map with exploion at like 5 mil pl

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i fixed the burning attack, you can get it at redsaiyan but its in the DMZ section, apparetly skyrider was on crack, lol. but i do believe the ESF team will fix them.

Best answers
Originally posted by SuperSaiyaChris
i fixed the burning attack, you can get it at redsaiyan but its in the DMZ section, apparetly skyrider was on crack, lol. but i do believe the ESF team will fix them.
lol *Claps*

yes, i thought about posting this before, but i thought i would get over pm'd with spam warnings.
i do belive the team knows this and they should fix it in a few next betas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom