community drying up

Best answers
There arent very many servers now, like 30 seomthing, when the beta was out there were about 200 on average, where's everyone going?

lol i havent posted in this forum since the last alpha of esf was realeased

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it's only natural that after a few months of playing all the time the number of servers are going to decrease.

I think everyone is patiently awaiting the release of 1.1 and then you should see the server number shoot back up again.

Best answers
Very true, i'm realy waiting for 1.1 and then i'll be playing my ass of again.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At the peak of the alpha 2.0 version, we had 10 servers . . . when it was just about dead, all you could see was 1 listen server at any time. :\

When we released the beta, you could find up to 60 servers on some days. 30 isn't all that bad. I excpect to see 80 or so.

Best answers
yup that is true I know the sever I used to run stoped having esf because 1) we are waiting for 1.1 and 2) SCHOOL

Best answers
I expect more servers to come when everyone gets out of school

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF doesn't do too badly for itself considering with most mods you're lucky to find ANY servers at all.

-Karrde-

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by Cpt_Phoenix
There arent very many servers now, like 30 seomthing, when the beta was out there were about 200 on average, where's everyone going?
Everyone left becuz it takes a ***king age before they acually bring out upgrades and patches

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by skater009
Everyone left becuz it takes a ***king age before they acually bring out upgrades and patches
Oh so they left because they cant wait till the game gets all of the bugs out, so they rather have a release every week with a **** load of bugs, so they wont play at all?

Best answers
Its always prior to release. When people hear of all the knew things they get bored with the old. Human nature.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Skater is out of line, but he has a point. I stopped playing about a month ago because I was just incredibly tired of 1.0 . Most of us expected a release in March, and now we're half way thorugh May. People just got worn out. I don't see any reason to play 1.0 when 1.1 is going to make such extreme changes to the melee system... doesn't make sense to train yourself how to do it *wrong*.

Best answers
Originally posted by Sierra Sonic
Oh so they left because they cant wait till the game gets all of the bugs out, so they rather have a release every week with a **** load of bugs, so they wont play at all?
Hes right though, they said it themselves thye have had the windows version completed for WEEKS. I;m sorry that just pisses me off.

EDIT: lol they also can't say 'when its done' nemore, cuz it is. They just waiting for the stupud linux version. People can use dedicated windows servers.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Morrone
Hes right though, they said it themselves thye have had the windows version completed for WEEKS. I;m sorry that just pisses me off.
Pisses me off too, but if you think about it, I'm sure you will see why we need to release the linux version before the windows.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe
Pisses me off too, but if you think about it, I'm sure you will see why we need to release the linux version before the windows.
For those who don't get it, I reiterate: Linux = best dedicated server option = most dedicated servers = lots of good servers for beta 1.1

The Linux Server build is crucial to the survival of any mod.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Only thing i can't wait for in 1.1 is multi psing...thats going to be hella fun in a big server heh and no more BC bull**** just plain good ol melee fighting.:yes:

Best answers
Dragon Mod Z has a lot....seriously...about....3.....damn thats populour.....im being serious.... o_O

Best answers
This type of stagnation always occurs - look at Natural Selection, which is a big mod, if not the largest. Lots of people are bumming off, because they're waiting for NS 1.1. All the goodies of the new version just makes what you've got seem second-best.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Stanz
Dragon Mod Z has a lot....seriously...about....3.....damn thats populour.....im being serious.... o_O
Don't bash DMZ, or I will drag you out into the General Forum and shoot you in front of the women and children.

Best answers
dudes, think about, its 30 severs is good,

when i play thers is 80 tho

but 30 is good, there are less severs for mod, that appeal to more people, and more types of people that has less, ie Vampire slayer has less, public enemy which is cool, had very little that last time i look

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yea well lol, at peaks, Counter-Strike has over 30.000 servers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom