No No No No No!

Best answers
I just read gokus voice will be in japanese in 1.1! TELL ME THIS IS NOT TRUE!

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If Freedom releases a Jap Pack, then yes. But I wouldn't doubt that a Jap Pack is an optional thing. By default, I think the english voices are used in 1.1.

Best answers
No sweat either way. Just copy the old ones and use them for new. Only problem would be the small SB.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Frankly I can't see why someone would be upset over the defaults being japanese. DBZ was not how shall we say... the most convincing dub ever. It's no CB, Trigun, etc.

-Karrde-

Best answers
thats because goku's voice in japanese is played by a female that makes it sorta unnatural.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like we have an inferiority complex here. Who cares if it was a female? That is how Goku was always supposed to sound, not like this "listen to me read my script and play the super hero" Cartoon Network hired. The pack should be optional however, and I plan to install it once it is released.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like most of the Japanese voices better than the English ones better, minus Goku for sure though. For some reason, I just can't get into his voice in Japanese. Maybe it's a little too whiny. :)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'd be surprised at how many shows double up and tripple up on roles for their VAs. You'd also be surprised at the number of women that play men's roles. I'd actually be willing to bet that more women play guys roles than guys play guys roles. And if not, it's close. Just to name a few characters:

Souma Yuki (Fruits Basket)
Seguchi Touma (Gravitation)
Many of the DBZ chars.
Halle (jungle wa itsumo hare nochi guu)

Basically and juvenile guy or younger has a good shot at being VA'd by a woman.

-Karrde-

Best answers
I actually prefer a few jap voices compared to english but..
I really would prefer english voice, the high screaming KAMEHAMEHAAAA is just, annoying!

2002-11-30 The situation on the Jappack is this. 1. I finish up tomorrow and release it(along with some things i forgot to put in with the english sounds) or 2. I don't finish, move into my new place and have to wait a week to get cable again.
I'm totally done with the english revamp for 1.1, i've also been updating the jappack
The pack freedom made is probably an optional pack if anything so keep cool

Best answers
yeah it would be optioonal for sure they said it over and over again!!!I would love it and switch between them from time to time, i like em both!!

Best answers
All I know is I get MUCH more psyched when I hear Jap Goku saying "KA-ME-HA-ME------HAAAAA!", then when I hear generic US Goku saying it. Whoever the girl is that does Goku's Jap voice, she has much more power than her US counterpart.

No offense to the counterpart :laff:

Best answers
my deal is that i have grown up with the US voices, so ther for im used to them, and so the jap sound werid to me,

and it is visa vera for others

but i agree, the japs (no afence attended) really get into it which make the action so much sweeter

Orz

Best answers
Goten and Trunks are voiced by females in the Funimation version as well. However, I agree with those who dislike the Japanese Goku voice - he sounds like he's inhaled helium and it's impossible to take him seriously. As for the rest, I'd say the Japanese/American voices for the remaining cast are more or less equal. It's a matter of which one you've heard more often and which you're accustomed to.

I doubt v1.1 would change to Japanese as a standard. Besides, did you see it on the list of changes...?

(edit: Kid Trunks, not Future Trunks, of course!)

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry but Goku sounds better in japanease. Its so much more convincing when hes getting the crap beat out of him. The english guy just can't scream like that. Plus its just funny listening to him sometimes.
I guess it kind of depends on how you started watching it though... I watched most of dbz in japanease first so that's probably why I lean towards it.

Best answers
And in the Japanese version, they don't scream their throats out all the time when they're powering up or fighting.
Just a quick battlecry and attack.

Even though, I've watched DBZ in the english version. But I think the Japanese voice sounds more better, despite it is old.
Vegeta's voice is 100% double okay.

But I don't think the Japanese voicepack will suit 1.1, I won't download, that's for sure.

:S

Best answers
in South Park the one guy does everyones voice except for cheff. and some others i think.

Best answers
hey if people dont like the sounds just make your own, it aint that hard, ive changed the frieza disc sound to me yelling at the top of my lungs into a mic "noob with disc", funniet thing you ever hear if you play on my pc, my speakers yell noob with disc and i teleport outa the way.
BTW i dont think only noobs use discs, but i just felt that way when i made the sound (and its funny too)

Also ive changed the death sounds to represent what i would normally say when i get owned, saves my breath and is funny if anyone else is listening to my speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom