melee system?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just wondering how the melee system works

from what i understand, if your ki is higher in a head on you will always hit.

but i was in a server where my ki was well above the other guy and he swatted me away.

btw the instant counter is still in, some shmuck was using it on me the entire time, i had to slice and dice him with that nice sword :laff:

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a) Your KI was lower then his
b) It wasn't a direct hit
c) you were not holding onto the secondary fire button
d) some odd bug i havn't discovered yet (its probably a, b, or c)

Insta counter seems to have different definitions from person to person.. Insta counter is when you hit the person, and then the person instantly unblocks and counters, not giving you time to even teleport away.
In beta 1.1 you cannot attack .8 seconds after you block an attack, removing (insta counters). Ofcourse, if you just sit there and try to fly away hes going to still pound your ass across the level...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
my ki was higher by like half, i was super he was not
it was a direct hit
i was holding the secondary fire

i belive the odd bug has something to do with that lag that seems to be everywhere on 1.1

the insta counter i experianced is the same as 1.0
id fly hit him while he was blocked and he immidiatly slapped me away, again this could also be the lag but who knows

another question:
when you gib someone with trunks, his animation is longer and u cant move, plus hes not even swinging at anything after the first swipe (which gibs) he does like 2 or 3 more after that which is kinda pointless

hm
is it power level, like 75,000,000 that decides the winner of a head on or the ki bar itself
----------------------| ki bar 1 50,000,000
-----------| ki bar 2 80,000,000

which would win a headon 1 or 2
1 means that its the ki bar itself
2 means its powerlevel
someone clear this up plz?

Best answers
Ki plays a role in melee hits? I've never noticed, haven't had much problem dispatching SSJs with starting ki.. :D

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Pain
it was a direct hit
i was holding the secondary fire

i belive the odd bug has something to do with that lag that seems to be everywhere on 1.1

the insta counter i experianced is the same as 1.0
id fly hit him while he was blocked and he immidiatly slapped me away, again this could also be the lag but who knows

another question:
when you gib someone with trunks, his animation is longer and u cant move, plus hes not even swinging at anything after the first swipe (which gibs) he does like 2 or 3 more after that which is kinda pointless

hm
is it power level, like 75,000,000 that decides the winner of a head on or the ki bar itself
----------------------| ki bar 1 50,000,000
-----------| ki bar 2 80,000,000

which would win a headon 1 or 2
1 means that its the ki bar itself
2 means its powerlevel
someone clear this up plz?
Yeah I noticed that little trunks sword thing to
it's kinda annoying but as far as I know it doesn't happen all the time

as for your second question
1. ----------------------| ki bar 1 50,000,000
2. -----------| ki bar 2 80,000,000

number 1 will win

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the insta-counter isn't quite instant any more, like joe said, it is a .8 delay. keep in mind that after the .8 seconds is up you can get smacked, so if your attack gets blocked, get the hell out of there rather than pounding on your attack buttons.

Best answers
The only insta melee hitting i have seen in 1.1 is the weird thing when i dash towards someone and they hit me before i hit them and they just stand there. Even tho i have a higher PL than them, they can just stand there and swat me away before i get a chance to hit them.

Best answers
so the ping lag problem is gone?????so if you have a ping of 50 or of 250 it doesn't matter that much anymore or is there ment something else in this thread??

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by LaMM
so the ping lag problem is gone?????so if you have a ping of 50 or of 250 it doesn't matter that much anymore or is there ment something else in this thread??
The lag problem is gone, someone with 300 ping could win against someone with 0 ping.

Best answers
Yeah and someone with a lame CS lagshot script could exploit that.

For example:
50 ping guy vs 25 ping guy,
50 ping guy uses lagscript and his ping shoots to 400 and 56 all the time, so he can lag himself so the other has a hard time hitting him, and while the script user can fly around and hit people, without any problems.

Best answers
Well, I think the melee system has gone under some serious changes that have brought out some serious flaws. For one, I seem to not be able to swoop nearly as much as I can, it taking sometimes two or three teleports just to do it again. It doesn't seem like you can back jump and swoop. It all just feels botched to me now. I don't know. And all people keep doing is backing up with turbo and lining up ki shots now, also.

Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe
In beta 1.1 you cannot attack .8 seconds after you block an attack, removing (insta counters). Ofcourse, if you just sit there and try to fly away hes going to still pound your ass across the level...
Joe i think i found that u can still counter very fast, i can usually do it if i have very low ping. Most of the time there is a .8 second timer but often I get hits off that are less than .2 seconds. Ill continue to test this, and see if maybee they never actually hit or something.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) You can only get off hits that are like .2 seconds (not that a human could even measure that) if you are Trunks.
2.) When PCJoe says Ki he doesn't mean PL you fools. He means what he says, and he says ki. If you say "My ki was like half over his" you're either hacking or you don't know what you're talking about. You can't see each others' ki bars.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or you know... you can be testin it out with a friend and he will tell u how high his stats are

but hey what do i know :rolleyes:

Best answers
Sonic Boyster, you can measure it.
For example, if both players Ki bar is filled with energy.
The other guy swoops.
[=========PL========]
[=========PL======= ]
He loses 5% percent of his energy.
Other guy counter-swoops and HIT!
The guy with the 95% Ki energy gets hit.
And not the defender.

They "should" make the swoop and PL decide over the headon.

For example, if a guy has a decent high PL and the guy swoops at someone. The longer the guy is in swoop, the higher chance he will win a headon.
So if the defender swoops at the attacker which is in swoop in quite a long time, the defender gets hit.

Or they should make it so, when the two guys swooping hit eachother. It will result in equal damage, 10 damage to him and 10 damage to him. Unless, if their PL is higher and it will knock him some meters away and cause more damage.
Or they could make both players stop when they swoop at eachother, so basicly they hit eachother without causing damage to eachother.

Best answers
yeam im havin probs with swoopin too, seems that when i get a certain distance from my target i cant swoop (its ike ten feet or fifteen feet in game) its kinda messin me up abit, (im gettin owned by the new bots)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PL would mean that only saiyans win all of the head on collisions. How is that fair? And you can't tell me that you can measure .2 seconds in your head without help from a tool like a stopwatch. Even with a stopwatch you couldn't measure .2 seconds.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You're talking power level, not ki. Ki the blue bar, not the number. If you and another person are in esf_kami and you're on either side of the platform, you both charge up to maximum, then you fire off 7 or 8 ki shots (number 2), he blocks, then you target him and swoop, then about half a second later he swoops, both of you hold down secondary, he's the one who's going to win because you used up some of your ki (dubbed energy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom