Scouter and MORE

Best answers
I have been wondering about this. In the show, the scouter's quickly became obsolete after the Frieza saga, then were incorporated in a limited way into the android and cell saga (the androids had built-in scouters I remember.)
However, they are not as useful as the "sense" all the chars eventually got. Somehow they could slightly sense incoming dangerous attacks because of the massive amounts of power in them. I think the game should incorporate this in a limited way by goving you a tiny indicator on the screen somewhere that flashes red when a really powerful attack is heading towards you or something. That is kinda "realistic" so to speak. If the scouter by itself reads power levels, then it should sense the power of incoming attacks, so at the very least attacks should show up on your radar, maybe as a different color or something. Just an idea, really, but it would be very convenient. Anyone else got any ideas similar to mine or something?

Best answers
in the show the scouter was to read people's powerlevels, androids and humans had that in them. goku can also read a powerlevel very specific and you are right that he (and the rest) could tell the power a beam has very specific, but if the esf team incorporates this in their scouter tehn first of all the socuter wont be that clear anymore, way to much beams will come in there and second of that you'll dont even need to look at the game anymore cuz you could just fight with only scouter, it would be to easy!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are other ways to do it. Personally I think one of the benefits of the next ascension should be some type of "power sensing." Perhaps more powerful players will have bigger markers over their heads. Maybe when someone is charging a move the marker could blink a certain color, simulating you "sensing" that a beam is going to be fired (this would help improve random struggles, as you would know the person in front of you is charging a move). There's a ton of ways to do it, but it would be much better as a "later benefit." I think the later transformations should have more interesting benefits, because--to be honest--the current transformations and attacks are already so fast and powerful...and we are going to multiply this by 1 or 2 more times? It'd be insane and these types of gifts (in addition to power increase and speed increase, and attacks of course) might make it a little more interesting.

Best answers
well the scouter is jus to inform u on other players and to know where theyre coming from..unless u want ur computer screen to shake whenever an enemy is near by or somethin, id say keep the scouter o_O *kinda like a spidey sense... -_-*

Best answers
Originally posted by SaiyanPrideXIX
There are other ways to do it. Personally I think one of the benefits of the next ascension should be some type of "power sensing." Perhaps more powerful players will have bigger markers over their heads. Maybe when someone is charging a move the marker could blink a certain color, simulating you "sensing" that a beam is going to be fired (this would help improve random struggles, as you would know the person in front of you is charging a move). There's a ton of ways to do it, but it would be much better as a "later benefit." I think the later transformations should have more interesting benefits, because--to be honest--the current transformations and attacks are already so fast and powerful...and we are going to multiply this by 1 or 2 more times? It'd be insane and these types of gifts (in addition to power increase and speed increase, and attacks of course) might make it a little more interesting.
They are most likely going to tone down normal and pre-final transformations, and have the final transformation give the same power as the current ones. Also, I kinda dig how they are probably gonna set up transing; keep the perfect trans system, but once you are say SSJ 1, if you hit acsend again, you go SSJ 2, 3, whatever. Being a higher pl will allow you to ascend faster thru 1 and 2, which is good cuz think of how long it would take to go SSJ 3 if you had to go thru the first trans animation 3 times. Ugh.

I really like your idea for indicators on the players as far as if they are charging a beam or what not. Another benefit could be a stronger level of turbo; you press turbo once, you get normal turbo. Press it again, and you get a bigger aura, more ki usage, but a HUGE increase in pl.

Best answers
There's been a lot of discussion on this already (search the forums if you want). I had a proposal myself some time ago about how the power-sensing could be implemented without a scouter. On the other hand, the current "scouter" does work quite nicely, and it allows characters who did not have a demonstrated power-sensing ability to still be effective (just Frieza so far, unless 17 and 18 are added..).
I'd have liked my original idea to be implemented (it's a little less visually intrusive than the scouter) but it wouldn't work for Dragonballs! The scouter combines all the HUD systems needed in one useful little package.. and changing it seems like more of a headache than it's worth.
Thanks for reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom