Changing Sounds

Best answers
hi.. i have found a few sounds that i want to change.. i would lyk vegeta to say final flash while charging then wen he releases the final flash screams.. is there anyway i can do that just by changing a few files??
if so can u tell me how please...

oh and i saw the renzoku sound file for vegeta but wen vegeta does the renzoku u cant hear this sound? why is this..

Best answers
last question i dont have an answer to, the first i do i think, just lookup the sounds in the sounds map...they will be there somewhere and replace them by yours...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
such a *RE_EDIT* *****
go to: "your HL folder\ESF\SOUNDS\your charcter name\the file
you wanna chnge.wav"
and do your stuff
and if it doesnt work its because the sound file must be encoded
somehow , I dunno what kind of encoding but a lot of threads
about this were written on this forum so u sould just check it out!

GOOD LUCK!!!

oh and where can you get a renzoku sound pack file? reply with a
link please!!!}B-)

Best answers
okk i already knew about all ov that.. ive tryed it but it doesnt work. juz wanted 2 see if their was another way i can.. and to see the rezenku sound file go to.. halflife/esf/sounds/vegeta its their but yeah lyk u said.. i guess iz encoded thanx newais guys..

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, you call him a noob but then say you don't know if its encoded or not? Thats kind of lame dude. I'll take a look at what it will take to change over the sound files tonight when I get home (on lunch at work). It shouldn't be that hard to do.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
it just that I dont remmember it
It sould be somewhere in this forum cause ur not the first one to ask those sorts of stuffs!!!

Best answers
Hahaha, calling him noob. Guess what it doesn't work that easily anymore. You cant just overwrite a file anymore. Its incredibly annoying. I dont know why they did all this code changing.

First of all, you can't make a charging sound for Vegeta's FF, simply because he doesnt have one. You can only change the sounds their already are. They added a big bang charge sound in this release which is good.

This is what you've got to do if you want to change sounds. First, create a new sound. Second, open the old sound. Paste the new sound over the old. Hit save. Grant it, its sitll pretty easy, but the old way was much easier. As long as you had the correct ESF format you could replace sounds, now you have to "edit" the old sound so to speak.

This absolutely sucks for a number of reasons, 1 being I can't release new soundpacks, because you can;t replace anymore as I said before, you have to edit the sound by pasting over it. So no more soundpacks from me or anyone cuz I dont know why the hell they did it but you can't overwrite.

EDIT: Oh yea, Vegeta's renzeko sound file doesn;t work, for the reason I'm assuming. They probably replaced sounds sometime during release candidates and when they saw that the overwrite wasn;t working thye just deleted the old and no sound showed up at all.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Wasn't coded in, simple as that, note the swordkill in /weapons :)

Best answers
thanx.. n scorcher ur so F****n dumb. i dun wana bother explaining y cuz u juz wont understand..

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
do this FreeDoM:
"
ur Half Life dir \esf\sprites\weapon_sword.txt
edit and put this instead of what there is there::
"""
weapon_s 320 320sword 0 0 48 16
weapon_s 640 640sword 0 0 96 32
crosshair 640 640crosshair 0 0 32 32
crosshair 320 crosshair 0 0 16 16
"""
"

lol -SsJ- Jp

neways Morrone,
what u`ve said sounds pretty interesting
I never tried to replace the sound packs in the new 1.1 version yet
it could be that the codation is special in some sort of way and that you just cant do "SAVE AS" and select this code, but I dont know
neways a thread of this question should be created in CODING\**??!!!

ASHAME ! ! !
I worked hard to do my personal SOUNDPACKS in the good old 1.0
BLAAAHH!!! I was very disappointed when I found out that it was deleted
in SUJJESTIONS someone sould SUJJEST that in the new ver. there sould be a question about replacing old sound files with new one just to remined a "first time instalation of 1.1 noobers" like us to protect ourselves from the evil instaling monster lol
Im just a little tired cause I`ve studied 3 days with almost no sleeping for a final exam in History!!!:devgrin:
I think I did it , wish me luck!!!! }P-)

P.S.
is there a "seek for the dragon balls" option in the new ver.?
cause I`ve seen a -CFGD..something- special "EXPERIMENTAL" thing and I dont know what it is!!!:devgrin:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool down you guys, this is a thread to find out how to change sounds not one to insult people.

Best answers
but why would they code the sounds woudnt dey wna give us the opportunity 2 change da sounds 2 our lyking.. ~? :\

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
lol , isnt that obvious?
They did it so that we wont change the sound of course! lol
I hope that it would be cracked\fixed\solved soon cause I am working on a veggito sound_pack
(movie12,buu_sega=Veggito,DBGT60-GOGETA_SSJ4) and I hope that it`ll work on beta1.1!!!

Best answers
can you replace sounds or not then coz i got chibi goku and it has sounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom