For The Love Of God!

Best answers
UPDATE those nice 8 player dedicated servers, I hate playing w/ 19 other people, there is nowhere to play 1.1, all the good servers are still 1.0.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is why we wanted to release 1.1 linux before hand, but we had to rush the win 32 one out :\

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why did you *have* to rush? I was waiting and I don't think its up to anyone besides the team what happens with the game... So who put the bullet to who's head?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry but I can't see it taking this long as "rushing"

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you notice all the bugs? if they would have waited a little longer, a couple weeks or so, those bugs may have beed non-existant. i seen it as rushed. i think it was supposed to be relased next month.

Best answers
Bah all you kids shut up, you were begging for 1.1 to come out over and over and complaining over and over for it to come out, and when we bring it out you still complain, get over it or go away, you got what you want enjoy what the team is doing on there own time for nothing, just for enjoyment

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Longest rush Ive ever seen hehe j/k :)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, you bunch of freeloaders ;/, what I meant was the linux CLIENT version was accidentally released making it impossible for us to hold on to the win 32 one . . . why don't you read around instead of bellyaching. Alot was done for 1.1 in a short period of time, because it was mostly little things you don't normally pay attention too, nor care about (like client side prediction tweaks), you keep bellyaching.

As for it being a long period of time, 80% of the team had college finals to worry about through winter and spring, so kindly STFU, unless you plan on paying them for their efforts.

Best answers
hrm...well you guys rushed them, but just wait, in the future there will most likely be better servers.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Set up a paypal account and I bet some of us will! :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the team deserves a big THANKYOU for putting out another excellent version of this excellent mod...

Man I'm a kissass :laff:

Best answers
Majin Prince, in case you didn't notice, they said they had the WIn32 finished for weeks before the linux was released, therefore chances are VERY high that even if they waited another week to release the linux/windows, they wouldnt have fixed the bugs, because as they said, it had been done for weeks

Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba
Actually, you bunch of freeloaders ;/, what I meant was the linux CLIENT version was accidentally released making it impossible for us to hold on to the win 32 one . . . why don't you read around instead of bellyaching. Alot was done for 1.1 in a short period of time, because it was mostly little things you don't normally pay attention too, nor care about (like client side prediction tweaks), you keep bellyaching.

As for it being a long period of time, 80% of the team had college finals to worry about through winter and spring, so kindly STFU, unless you plan on paying them for their efforts.
Might I add.... Mastasurf and SS Vegeta slap down $150 a month for your whiny asses to play on those ESFORCES.com Servers.

so when cucumba says STFU, do it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Listen, I don't want to get into an arguement here but this patch did take a while, granted, I'm not paying for this and yes, you're doing the work but it isn't my fault that someone "accidentally" released the client, I love ESF and the team, but I don't respect everyone justifing something as "rushed" when it really was a good time of many months. =/

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Again, how long do you wait for a Sim game? HL2? TF2? 6 Months is perfectly acceptable for a mod patch done on freetime over two college finals. They rushed because they practically love you jerks, and this is how you repay them. I don't want to fight with you either, but I saw how hard they worked to knock out some 15 known bugs, and then make 15 gameplay tweaks, add a new mode, 2 new attacks, and Trunks Sword. I bet 90% of the reason everyone is *****ing is because:

a) you can no longer spam melee . . . OMG, you have to work to get a frag! WTF, I'm playing CS again!
b) Where's super saiyan 7 from AF?
c) where's a real super saiyan mode above SSJ

I remember how long it took to add each and every one of those features, how long it took to make them all just right. And yet you ***** that you didn't get it in,what? Three months? Good god, the horror. When would you like beta 3? A year from now? :\

Please, stfu, to the little re re that said set up a paypal account, we had one for years . . . there was and is only 3 contributors that I know of.

. . . and you are not one of them.

Best answers
Eh, I don't really care about 1.1, I would rather it have taken longer and had everything initially promised (like the teen gohan), then have the servers in their current state of flux. Never complained about it taking too long really. I just like to duel people in the game, but its no fun in the large servers we have because someone almost always interrupts.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I think it woulda been nicer if the team didn't have to rush it out.. To be honest, I was ok with simplistic 1.0, but what do I know? I'm naturally patient and understand how tough college finals can be and that the team should be payed to work on the mod exclusivly like they have no lives such as these whining babies... But oh well, that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom