The new Majin Buu (Sortof)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Am I the only one who thinks that Majin Buu is even more overpowered with 1.1 than he used to be? His candy attack damage hasn't been reduced, his mouthbeam still does kame damage, and now he actually gets frags for the donuts and cookies he eats. What is the world coming to? With the explosion cap removed in 1.1 his mouthbeam is absolutely ridiculous now, and since (as some of you have noticed) it is nearly impossible to earn PL on large servers now, Buu's donuts are a crazy advantage. It's like 20 melee hits worth of power in one bite sized chunk. I'll post a screenshot of my game last night if I can find it...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ummm so what no one is really buu anywayz :S

Best answers
Originally posted by .FM.
ummm so what no one is really buu anywayz :S
They will be now.....

I never really used Buu, but I have noticed the candy attack business. Thing is, Buu is kinda shallow w/o a good beam and a candy attack, so I think it's pretty balanced. They just need to adjust pl gain in general.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by GhostfaceKillah
After reading this thread they will be...
dought it :S

i know i am thoe lol :p

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm gonna stick to my standard Piccolo/Gohan.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You leaked it sonic. Now everybody's gonna play Buu, and it's ALL YOUR FAULT!

I dunno. I'm just under the impression that most people play their character because they *like* them, as a character, as a fan of DBZ. If everyone played for the advantage then we'd have servers full of Buus, which clearly isn't the case.

Best answers
i was fighting a buu the other day as trunks and it took like 15 slashes wit my sword to kill him. Buu is like a friggin tank now

Best answers
They should decrease his speed and make his Ki drain more faster.
Buu should just have alot of health, but not speed.
The Candy attack is one of the most lethal attacks when used properly.
So, it's more better if they increase the Ki cost of the attack.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Buu *does* have a decent beam attack. He has mouth beam. Mouth beam is just as powerful as the kamehameha and takes just as long to charge. Candy attack does almost twice as much damage as the eye lasers too. He's just crazy right now. A cookie gives him full health. A donut gives him 100,000 pl. Both give him a frag.

Best answers
I think Buu is perfectly balanced. I play him some of the time, and mouth beam definitely does not seem to be as good as kamehameha. Also, you forget that once Buu transforms, he's at a disadvantage because transed chars gain PL much, mch slower. Candy attack sort of makes up for that, but remember, if someone abuses mouth beam, he's not using Candy attack, therefore he won't gain much PL at all, and he'll fall behind. Likewise if someone's only using Candy attack, he won't kill many people. Look, it's more powerful than eye lasers, cuz it has so much shorter range! Cmon! You have to be a few feet away to use Candy attack on anyone, and it's hard to keep hitting them, esp. when they can easily try and melee you. If you continually get killed by Candy Attack, you probably suck, or are just really unlucky, cuz it's only a good move because of the PL gain, not because it's really effective. Buu is already quite slow, he is not more of a "tank" now, obviously you haven't looked at the changed in this version Mystic, because "making Buu stronger/have more HP" was not one of the changes. Buu is as good a char as any, he has more HP, starts with more PL (actually sucks, every time you die you lose major PL at the beginning of a server to go down to the avg.), is very very slow, and has very limited attack options. He doesn't have the flexibility of Goku, the balance of Vegeta, or the speed of Krillin. He's not over-powered.

almostdeleted

A
Imagine if he got body part attack..

Well.. its buu time :)

but i think I still might stay with Trunks, considering is uber cool..

Best answers
Sonic Boyster, Mouthblast is not even near Kamehemaha's strength. The reason why it's so powerful, is because the guy choosing Buu, has the most PL.
Mouth blast has weak explosion range and strength compared to Kamehemaha.

Super Buu's mouth blast is a super blast attack when your PL is extremely high. But later, when somebody else transforms. You can notice it begins to lack strength.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hm. It could be just my twisted view of things from never dieing with him after I transform then. I always seem to have the highest PL as Buu.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by GoldSaiyan
Buu should just have alot of health, but not speed.
What do you mean? Buu is the second fastest character in the game?

I think he is fine, I mean, the guy has only a 1 tiem trans and only gains 1.5 pl, all the 1.5'ers always lack bigtime in Ki as the game progresses.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The PL gains can be fixed so they behave like 1.0. By default, you only gain PL when you kill now. Needless to say, any character who gets the high frag (and thus PL) will keep it indefinately.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I believe the default for that system is on. I have yet to enter a single server where I didn't lose massive amounts of PL from dieing, or where I recieved PL only from killing an opponent. And with as much PL loss after death as there seems to be now, Buu has the crazy advantage of those 100,000 PL donuts. You die, you lose 200,000+ Pl, get a couple donuts, you're fine. If you have to use beams and melee it could take you several frags to reach that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom