1.2 meelee upate?

Best answers
I heard that 1.2 is a big meelee update .......

the only question i have is if you creating a server can you choose between advanced meelee and normal meelee??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I seriously doubt that. That's kinda like

"Hey! If we modify the recoil system in Counter-Strike 1.6, will we still be able to run servers with the old recoil settings?"

No.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, Yes. There is going to be a toggle. However, once you start your server with one form of melee, you'd have to recreate it in order to switch to the other.

That is the current synopsis of that option. It will, so far, be in the game.

Best answers
Yes what Majin said, I also heard that the command for normal melee would be mp_simplemelee but then whats the point if u wouldnt be able to switch between em? Maybe if you would do mp_simple melee 1 and restart server it would restart as normal melee and mp_simplemelee 0 and a restart would cause a server with 1.1 style melee ( or if it might change in a 1.15 ) to change to a advance melee server. Now I must go drink something to prevent me from talking.
/me gets some cola

Oorgle! Brawrr!
Oh wait those are llama noises.
errrrr :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll be damned. Well, why anybody would want to go back to old melee is beyond me... then again I dunno about advanced melee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha llama noices like in CS... I get turned into it so much...

Best answers
The new melee system will be so much better and complex that you wont want to switch to the old one. Hopefully it wont take only a few hours to master either...

Best answers
i think that meelee in 1.2 will be over beams and nobody uses beams either

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.2 will have a new melee system, it one of the two major feature additions for 1.2. The other is top secret ;)

Best answers
Would there be any chance that in 1.2 you could toggle between wither 1.0, 1.1, or 1.2 melee?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.1 melee is just 1.0 melee with bug fixes that help avoid the lower ping always winning in a head on hit.

-Karrde-

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by MyStiC AsCenT
When is this patch supposed to be released to the public?
:S

Don't start asking about 1.2 release date, serious testing hasn't started yet . . . so we have no idea when it will be done except:

WHEN IT'S DONE

Retired
Best answers
lmao roflmao lol 1.1 just came out and your already asking for a 1.2 rls date. lmao lol why don't you let the team take some time away from the game and be patient

Best answers
lmao i can't believe that! hey team when will beat 2.0 be released ??? LOL
give them a break man!

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh to be honest i can't wait for 1.2 either. Those top secret thingz are making me (*****)! BTW nice i.d. audioslave, those guys are pretty good.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, actually you can change melee styles 1/2 way through the game. As soon as the server sets mp_simplemelee to 0/1, the current melee system active will disable and the new one should kick in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom