Win ded.server problems

Best answers
Ok i have my router forwarding to the right stuff and when i run the HLDS in my halflife folder it says "couldnt allocatededicated server IP port" so what do i do?

Best answers
do you have a software or hardware firewall, if you do, you also have to configure that to accept data from anyone on port 27015 or 27005

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the router might have a built in firewall. Check to make sure.

Best answers
welli figured out i cant even host a lan game i host on this comp and go to anuther and try to find lan games and it dont even show it

Best answers
First find out your public IP address then add it to the command line with the +ip parameter

hlds -game ESF +ip 111.111.111.111 +maxplayers 16 +map esf_kami

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Host the local game. Go to the other computer and ad the ip. If its not able to ping the server and grab information then check your cables first of all. From there make sure theres not a firewall on the computer that is hosting. If your running winxp there is a built in firewall that is on by default. If that doesn't work then make sure your filter, on the computer your searching for the server with, doesn't have anything on. If you still can't do it then your **** out of luck...

Best answers
hmmm,

Try adding +port 27015 to the command line as well.

Been awhile since I dealt with Win HLDS though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom