Melee

Best answers
I got a question about melee fighting, i love the new melee system but who chooses who wins?
cos i seem to win like 70% of the attacks and that pisses peeps off they r like asking how do u do that? then they get even more pissed and start calling me a cheater then i get kicked... that sux cos i cant play without getting yelled at.
i just dloaded the 1.1 and watched the flash manuel and started playing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The winner of 2 people swooping into each other in 1.1 is dependant upon the person with the fullest KI Bar

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it was based on ping in 1.0

Best answers
are you that good? I will own you when i play you, dont worry, you will be yelling at me in frustration ;)

Best answers
i've started playing with bots more than people coz ive had enough off people on server complaining and laming etc, any one know any good servers where you can usually find a good crowd?

on topic: now that i'm getting used to the new melee, i don't mind it so much, aslong as the other player doesn't turtle, its great...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, with the KI now deciding who wins, loads of turtling goes on, and it totally ruins the melee, but it also makes it alot fairer to decide who wins the swoop (no more "your lame, you 0 pinger" its now "damn, just standing there until i reach you". Bring on 1.2 i say

Best answers
whether you like the melee or not it am pretty sure it is goign to get completely redone in the rext release...

Best answers
It should be as I;ve said many a time before. PL X %KI-BAR-FULL X SPEED. Power level times the percent of ki in your pool and then times the speed. So say you have 1million PL. Your bar is half full. Thats 1million times 50% is 500,000. Multiply that by 100SPEED and your melee struggling power is 50,000,000. So when they add melee struggled in 1.2 it should be like that. Person with the higher melee struggle power wins.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Problem with that is the strongest will always be strongest, and it'll still encourage KI camping, just with a little swoop, instead.

Best answers
That isn't a bad idea there... seems a lot fairer than how they do it in 1.1... It is almost annoying to have to stay near full Ki when you are fighting someone with melee as well as teleporting all over the map

-DS

Best answers
that is a good id but then the faster chars wil have an advantage over the slower.
i always wanted a real fighting system like u play street fighter with combos and stuff, like in the dbz movies that would be kewl :D
i seen a movie from before esf 1.0 of gohan doing real cool moves.
maybe the secret is they found a way to put that in the game or maybe i should stop dreaming :D

Best answers
Originally posted by Morrone
It should be as I;ve said many a time before. PL X %KI-BAR-FULL X SPEED. Power level times the percent of ki in your pool and then times the speed. So say you have 1million PL. Your bar is half full. Thats 1million times 50% is 500,000. Multiply that by 100SPEED and your melee struggling power is 50,000,000. So when they add melee struggled in 1.2 it should be like that. Person with the higher melee struggle power wins.
Problem with that is it is still partially based on ki%, and people will still turtle up to get that slight edge in melee. Having it purely time based (whoever swoops longest wins) is probably the best route, or whoever swoops longest /w a factor of pl in there.

Best answers
Originally posted by SSJ5gotenks
that is a good id but then the faster chars wil have an advantage over the slower.
exactly..... that why all of the characters are different they all have advantages and disadvatanges. some are stronger and have more attacks, some are faster, you would have to that into account when you decide who you want to play as... if you are faster you should have a advantage.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom