Error when hosting

Best answers
i occasionaly host a server for esf, i used to get no problems with beta 1

i also just got a new router, i set up so that it listended to the ports for hl and forwarded any data from them to my ip, i got the new esf, and stated hosting a server

people joined and played for a while, but the got errors that kicked them from the server, here are three examples of the errors, (circled in red):

Best answers
i host a listen server, i will try what is in there, but i think i already cinfiged my router correctly

edit:

i did all the stuff in the tutorial that you gave me, i hosted a server, but people seem to still be having trouble, a bunch of people timed out, and some just couldnt connect at all

Best answers
yeah, i did that, i reset the settings and did them again just to be sure

then i made sure to set up my software firewall correctly

Best answers
Try to disable the software firewall when you host.

Also if your router supports it try using the DMZ port or setting to point at your comp.

Best answers
it does support DMZ, and i have just enabled that, i will get back to you on whether it works or not

edit:
i was playing with one preson for a good 20 minutes with no problems, hopefully it will continue to work

Best answers
Great to here.
Let us know how it goes and thanks for hosting!

Best answers
If it's still doing it, make sure it's a fresh install of ESF.

If even then, try hosting a dedicated and sit around to see if it happens again.

If it does, then it very well could be either your network card, router, or... well, anything else it might be going through. :)

Best answers
try turning of the firewall.. i have a routor and i couldn't play net games and had trouble creating so i turned of the firewall and i was alrite.. if that don't work turn off the routor and plug the net cable back into the modem to your computer so its direct with no complicated settings

Best answers
i tried all the things with the router settings, and i just hosted a server today and they continued to drop off

i thought it was working before, but i just installed amx, and i dont' know if that could be the problem

btw, is there a way to reset the pw on my router, i forgot what it was

Best answers
since noone seems to be able to help, and it seems all Lynksis routers drop people randomly when hosting a server, i am going to buy a new router i guess :(

if you ever find out how to fix it PLEASE pm me

if noone else posts in this before you see it mod, you may close it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom