melee combos?

Best answers
wassup. I am kind of new to this (ESF). Alright, i was playing a game of ESF and doing some melee with someone. I've noticed you can't melee someone who is down. BUT when I faced this opponent after he managed to knock me down, i figured alright i'm down so i'll just wait to get up and counter him. All a sudden he comes flying to me a second after he hit me down and hits me while i'm still on the ground knocking me sky high. I was like "WTF! How did you do that??" He replays saying it was a combo and wouldn't tell me how to do it :cry: Well I was wondering how to do this "combo." Please help.

Thanks.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a small delay time after you perform a melee hit on someone. If you manage to catch up and hit someone again with melee, in the right direction, within this time limit, then a second hit is carried forward... and so on.

Be imaginative, you can create your own chain of different combos when you play.

Best answers
hmm i guees so :S . But i was down ON THE GROUND. Whenever i try to hit some1 on the ground i never can! Oh well i guees it just might be me. Thx though.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by yangsta
hmm i guees so :S . But i was down ON THE GROUND. Whenever i try to hit some1 on the ground i never can! Oh well i guees it just might be me. Thx though.
You cannot attack someone who is lying on the ground. Although you can hit him if he is roling with low ki.

You also can't hit him 2 seconds after he gets up as most servers have the nomeleehittime variable set to 2 by default. In layman's terms, standing next to a person getting up, is getting ready to be smacked hard!

Best answers
dont wanna spam or anything but.... how about we redirect all the newby's to the ESF Manual?? (thats where i learned to play (basics) and i never had to ask a thing!!

Peace, Mystic

Best answers
i worked out that you can't generally combo someone by using swoop. You have to use a quick succession of teleports (as this moves faster than swooping) to catch the flying player and comb-hit them. You can actually hit them upwards from the ground, teleport PAST them as they fly and hit them back down to the ground just like they do in the cartoons. It's pretty tricky to do but and you would need a low ping.

Best answers
well if you wanna get the hang of it set the bots to not attack back and experiment with differnt methods, once you fluke it a couple of itmes it seams to fall into place. easy one is hit a person directially up, teleport a few times and hit them as they pass you, takes a little prac to get it right but makes you feel to good once you get good at it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive got a short video of a 5 hit combo which can give you the general idea of how to do it. Just privite message me, and il send it to you :D

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Mystic_saiyan
dont wanna spam or anything but.... how about we redirect all the newby's to the ESF Manual?? (thats where i learned to play (basics) and i never had to ask a thing!!

Peace, Mystic
Does the ESF Flash Manual show them how to do combos?? No, it doesn't. He asked about how to do combos and I replied.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Groovy is my girl :)

Anyway......the best way to do it is when you hit the person to the ground. When you do, he rolls for a few seconds then you go after him while hes rolling. Finally, if you have enough ki, teleport up a few times and hit him back down. Its simple once you get the hand of it.

*that was a 3-hit combo*

Best answers
Guys to make melee combos its about boost more when u kick him or u gotta tele to kick agin its hard form beging u gotta try

Best answers
"dont wanna spam or anything but.... how about we redirect all the newby's to the ESF Manual?? (thats where i learned to play (basics) and i never had to ask a thing!!"

Does 1.1 come with a ESF Manual at all? I dl'ed 1.1 patch, not full install so maybe the patch doesnt come with manual? Id like to look thru the 1.1 manual lol..

Best answers
You should have one, it came with Beta 1 as well. It should be a shockwave (or is it flash...) file in you ESF folder :) It's quite handy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom