a few simple newbie questions

Best answers
first of just wanna say i love this game for the 2 hours i spent playing it its awsome now onto the questions

1)about power struggles im not sure what to do lets say im goku and theres another goku across the map and we rip a fully powered kamehameha at each other i see a bar on the right but i dont know what to do i just kinda mash primary fire cant tell if its doing anything or not (side question from reading these forums i seen the term bs used in topics about powerstruggles i know ps is but i cant figure out bs)

2)from reading other threads i noticed lots of ppl are getting disconnected from the servers and thrown to the desktop or whatever i get this too was wondering if its a problem with my computer set up or is it just cause the game is still early

3)last question- im using the standard server choosing thing ( sorry i dont know the technical term for it) the one that you get from clicking ESF icon on desktop and going multiplayer internt games or whatever but the thing never works right for me il put in real simple server filters for example *running game* >ESF< then il hit ok go to update and no servers come up not only that but pretty much each time i lose my cable modem connection and have to power cycle my modem restart the computer and try again i have used all kinds of combinations for filters only 3 times have i gotten any servers back its frustrating beyond belief when i cant even play the game im using the full 1.1 game and i checked to make sure im all updated on the game and on my network card drivers

*sorry about the lack of any punctuation but im so damn lazy*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1... Sometimes hitting the first key can help... What the bar indicates is if your winning or not. Blue means you are, red means your loosing
2... Make sure your running on OpenGL mode. If your computer doesnt support this, go get the lastest drivers at www.guru3d.com
3... Make sure that the "Using anti-cheat technology" is off. None of the servers have this... so putting that filter on will remove all the servers from your list

By the way, welcome to the forums. Have fun around here... The people here are nice... and helpful
Most of them.... -_-;;

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and to clean up a little bit more of the questions:

BS = block struggle. when you block a beam that is strong enough, you get into a block struggle. When in either a BS or a PS that bar on your left indicates who is winning. When the marker is on the top, you are winning and when it is in the bottom you are losing.

http://www.gametiger.net/search?game=all&mod=esf Go ahead and use that URL to search for servers, it returns quite a bit of results. the only problem is knowing what version the server is running

Best answers
thanks alot for the replys i managed to get some servers on the list yesterday but it seeemed random as i hadnt changed any of my filters that link will help a lot tho. also im using open gl but still getting disconnected :\ not that big a deal really sometimes its just me sometimes its the whole server makes it hard for me to transform with piccalo :devgrin: but at least im enjoying the time i get thanks again for the replys

Best answers
Originally posted by Apathy
1)about power struggles im not sure what to do lets say im goku and theres another goku across the map and we rip a fully powered kamehameha at each other i see a bar on the right but i dont know what to do i just kinda mash primary fire cant tell if its doing anything or not (side question from reading these forums i seen the term bs used in topics about powerstruggles i know ps is but i cant figure out bs)
You can also use the turbo mode (default key = T) is temporarely add to your power level, but it drains your ki faster.

Best answers
for servers you can go to gametiger.com/mod.html(ifthatdont work go to main site gametiger.com) and where it says search type in esf and a list of servers will show up

Best answers
Look up struggles in the manual. it is hard to find but its got realy cool stick men fighting!

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this thread looks spammy.

all the questions have been answered so now this thread can finally rest in peace, baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom