One quesation

Best answers
I got a question.
@ first im 15 and german so don't become angry with me because of my English. If u answer please do it easy :)

Me and my frieds like esf really much. We want to play against each other, but there dont exist many servers and the one witch exists are very slow.

If i host al got a good ping.

The questiuon i hafe is.:

How can i get the ip of the server i opend.
Now we have to weight until somebody join. Then i ask him for ip and tell it my friend.
Is it possible to get this ip? are there any programs to use.

I thank 4 evry answer :)

greets

MagElf

Best answers
try typing status in your console. the ip should be there
If you are using a router then look go into the router's menu to find your ip
You can also have your friend go to www.gametiger.net to find your game
just have it search for esf and then he can look for your server name and the ip will be beside it

Best answers
fat thx :)

hehe but my game isnt always shown at gametiger :(
Its also so, that the server has another ip than the one i got from my provider (is that right? because i got 2 ips if i open 2 server :)).

i got a router and if i type status there is shown my network adress + 27015 (or so)

not the real server ip :(
but thx 4 reply :)

Best answers
if you type status and you have a router then its your local ip thats being shown in your console.
and your welcome :D

Best answers
yeah but i need the global ip :(

hehe u really hang arround here, fast reply great :D

but a second question. Isnt it night in toronto. Here in germany ith 8 o'clock in the afternoon :D

MFG

Best answers
its 2pm right now:p
and to the only way i know to get your ip is to look at your routers config

Best answers
yeah i know how to get my windows ip Go cmd, typing pathping www.theadressofyourprovider.de or so.

But i think this ip is diffrent in game, because i can host 2 games with 2 pc, but they both got one ip....

now im gonna sleep 2. :D

But sill great thx

when i know how to get my ip then we'll play :D k?

Best answers
If u use the same internet connection for the 2 computer, its normal that u have the same ip. What is not normal is that you can host 2 diferent game :S

Best answers
I think its normal, because u also play with several players with one ip ;) ur server got another ip u got. MY question is, how to get this ip
:(

Best answers
Each game or program that connect online have your ip somewhere (I'm using mIRC to see my ip)
There is also a command you enter in windows too see it, but i don't remember it :(

ps:can u tell me what is the diference between local ip and global ip :S ?

Best answers
first off, you can have as many players on the same ip address play half life as much as they want all at the same time, but on the internet only one of them can be in the same room at the same time. because each ip address is assigned a WON id, and you cannot have two of the same id's in a room at once.

Secondly the command to get your ip address from windows you have to

Click on Start -----> run ------> type "winipcfg" without the quotes. This only works in Windows 95, 98, 98se, and im not sure about ME, or 2000. if you have a dialup modem then it will automatically give you your ip address. if you have dsl, then you have to click on where it says PPP Adapter and you have to select your network card as the adapter and it will tell you your ip address. if you have dsl and a router, then a different ip address will be assigned to each computer hooked up to the router.

to determine your ip address for a server, all you have to do is go into console and type status. if you are on an online server then it should tell you the server ip address, wonid number, number of players, ect.

Global ip address is an address that is used world wide like the server addresses that u guys use for your gaming servers.

Local ip address is an address that is used just for your home network, an address that is only used by other computers on a newtwork that your on.

Best answers
arf i now all this, how to get my IP and so.
But i want da IP of the game i opend. Its also so that my server got a suffix like 27015 or so.

But i thank everybody for the reply :)

Mh.. my brother can join my opend game because we bought hl 2 times :D
h4rh4r
mirc is a good idea thx :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom