ping + melee

Best answers
Hey,

I love to melee (altough it s not so good in the new version, in my opinion) . And i almost always attack head-on :fight:. And there are some guys that start complaining about the fact that it is not fair to attack head-on, that it is lame, .... And then they uselly start blaming it on their ping.o_O Thats it is not fair that i attack head-on because that there ping is to bad to play head-on fights. (he had 70 and i had 40).
But i think it s bull****. Tell me guys what do u think of it?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well if he already starts complaining if he has a ping of 70... i usually have a higher ping(100-150) and can win mostly headon swoops. But since 1.1 its not the ping who decides the winner its the one who have the most ki...

Best answers
I say ping has nothing to do with meleeing even if it's 400+ vs. a 0 pinger i say this because i was in a server with 500 ping and others had like 100 i rose upon them and got 1st place with 51-9 in like 20 or less minutes . when i'm hosting a server i HATE it when people whine like that "stop using your 0 ping to your advantage" ummm instant ban. i don't even like hearing people blame their lack of skill to melee on ping. it's utter ***ness i mean really, if you think you're losing because of your ping JUST LEAVE no smart ass remarks such as "stupid 0 pinger" and leave ya jsut leave and find another server. chrissakes...

Best answers
Originally posted by Code_Blood_Red
I say ping has nothing to do with meleeing even if it's 400+ vs. a 0 pinger i say this because i was in a server with 500 ping and others had like 100 i rose upon them and got 1st place with 51-9 in like 20 or less minutes . when i'm hosting a server i HATE it when people whine like that "stop using your 0 ping to your advantage" ummm instant ban. i don't even like hearing people blame their lack of skill to melee on ping. it's utter ***ness i mean really, if you think you're losing because of your ping JUST LEAVE no smart ass remarks such as "stupid 0 pinger" and leave ya jsut leave and find another server. chrissakes...
51-9 in 20 minutes with 500 ping? u dont melee, u beamspam.

Best answers
i use both but most the time melee i was using melee most the time to get that. (sorry forgot to add that littel detail)

Best answers
if you have like 400 - 300 ping then you would probably not no when they come at ya but if you would to find out you wouldn't have anoth time to block becuase of ping but if the got under 200 then they are noobs they can't play and don't like getting inbarresed so they blame there ping

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, beamspammers suck. I go melee one and they say "WTF NOOB MELEE HO!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!111"

Best answers
LOL!!
Yea.. i owned so much players with melee that they start calling me either a Melee Noob or some sort of hacker.

If they call me a melee noob, id usually change characters on the next game(1 that has good firepower). Some1 like Piccolo(Special Beam Cannon owns). Anyways i spam them special beam cannon attacks and scatter shot that they get owned twice as bad.

Best answers
Originally posted by lostsoul
if you have like 400 - 300 ping then you would probably not no when they come at ya but if you would to find out you wouldn't have anoth time to block becuase of ping but if the got under 200 then they are noobs they can't play and don't like getting inbarresed so they blame there ping
i didn't understand all of what you saidbut i agree with your last line.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ping has jack and **** to do with melee in 1.1

quit blaming ur connection for u doing bad in melee

Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
ping has jack and **** to do with melee in 1.1

quit blaming ur connection for u doing bad in melee
ok that's a lot more clearer! thanks that's exactly how i feel too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Code_Blood_Red you cant have gotten that good score with 500 ping. I find it hard to play with 150 ping(I usually get 20-30). You HAD to be beam spamming :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. You have to realize 500 ping is an entire half-second delay between what you do, and what you do on-screen. Unless your opponents were special-needs people, there's no way you can do very well. I knew an awesome player who had an average of 300 ping (this was in beta 1.0), but he still had plenty of trouble. The average guy probobly couldn't deal with 200.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
200 is nothing. 300 is where it starts getting troublesome... I played with tons of ping forever (until our town got broadband).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So that means you didnt have tons of ping FOREVER :)

Best answers
Um, ping definetly matters in melee. I just ran a test with my friend who has a ping of 40, compared to my ping of 200+

In head-on swoops I was unable to hit him once. Hell, there were times when he would just float there and then swot me away as I swooped in. We are both equal players over a LAN, with similar reaction times and comp stystems. It should be noted that he was Gohan with pl of <800 000 and I was Buu with pl of 1 500 000. So all this stuff about melee being based more on speed, ki etc is BS.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
based on KI not PL
th KI bar, u know that blue thing

Best answers
Yeah I know the difference, but it seems irrelevent in the fights with low-pingers I've had.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wish people would stop pretending that ping doesn't matter, it matters indirectly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom