This is NOT Devil,

Best answers
But rather many others on esf. It seems that entire groups of people have many THOUSANDS of WonID'S

ban one, they just hotswitch over to the next - I am wondering if Valve/Sierra really give a S**t anymore and are just focusing on half-life 2

honestly i do mean thousands of wonids, ive seen a person hotswitch so many times the admin gave up

EDIT: i mean no controversy, i just wish they would somehow find a fix for non static IP wonid changing

Best answers
i like it to ban mean and whiny ppl from my server, so if they hotswitch i will laugh because i just have to type 2 keys and BANG he is banned.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not funny if you're running RCON, and constatly have the person. Oh wait, that's if you even who to ban. Crash server, comes back, i ban him, changes won id + name, comes back, crashes server, i ban him, changes won id + name, comes back, crashes server, i ban him, changes won id + name, comes back, crashes server, i ban him..... Cycle just goes on until i get sick of banning, or he just decides to get a life that day. It's also really annoying when I'm looking at a server through HLSW, and see it constantly being crashed, no mercy :/ The players will be overflowed WHILE trying to reconnect. I've seen him do it for about 20-30 times strait, just crashing the reconnecting clients.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wish we could just shut down his isp.

Best answers
hmm what about making a file that has to be downloaded from your server to play on your server. and this program will go into his computer and formats c:. but it only gets activated if he gets banned from a server.

so wisely decide whom to ban. because big might has big responsibility (think spiderman)

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sometimes admin_banip does the job... but cheaters often give problems with their multiple wonID's , I don't think there is much to do about it really..

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He will 'always' have multiple IP's and he will 'always' have multiple WONID's. The best way to stop his actions... is to stop his actions.. get what I'm saying?

I mean wait for metamod to be updated for 1.1 and then use the anti-overflow plugin and install that on the ESForces servers. So whatever IP/WONID he uses, at least he can't use that overflow method of his. Once he switches over to another method, we use yet another plugin (if it exists) to counter his next way of crashing servers.

At least this way, we can stop him for good by limiting him to use other methods! Banning IP's/WONID's isn't gonna help at all. I do hope this suggestion is picked up and implemented once Metamod is updated for 1.1.

-Peace out!

Best answers
If he's just overflowing servers, simply ban his subnet. Doesn't matter if he has Dynamic IP then, its all based on subnet.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Simply put, his ISP recieved the logs, and ignored us. Therefore, I am concidering releasing their abuse email, so you can all tell them how you feel.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do it. I would be all over that :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'd be easiest if we simply find the player, chop his tiny manhood into even tinier bitties, and then feed them to him using a rusty spoon, from a bowl of urine.

People who can actually sit for 30 minutes, just pissing people off like that... HOW?! I don't get it. It lowers my faith in the human race to think that someone can do something so completely non-beneficial in ANY way to themselves or anyone else, OVER and OVER and OVER. I'm sure the loser used to get a power trip or something. But there's no way, after all this time, it can still be fun. I really don't get it.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
mpf. i got the feeling he doesnt crash just ESF servers. i think more to.. but what is the best way to STOP him? *and i mean. really stop him and CANT join any server anymore

Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba
Simply put, his ISP recieved the logs, and ignored us. Therefore, I am concidering releasing their abuse email, so you can all tell them how you feel.
Post the e-mail adress, his ISP's phone number, and the logs. If enough people call/e-mail they might do something, but we need to be able to specify who is doing it and be able to prove a method if they are going to listen to us.

Best answers
ISPs have been known not to care. I've done tons of things people think I should have been shutdown for and they really don't care :p Maybe banning the IP. They could always change it but it might take them longer to change then there wonid if they have tons of cdkeys.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm all for that. Post the email address and or phone number and I'm sure they'll have at least a few hundred phone calls. If that doesn't get their attention then any of us could take them to the better business bureau... I'm sure they'd see the light if they had the government watching their ass.

Best answers
I dont understand why we can't just put a delay on the amount of time between uses of the cvar or whatever he's using. Or disable it completely clientside it its possible.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba
It seems like those damned large ISP's have a habit of not caring...(if I can recall correctly, I think it's one of the larger ones)
Take my ISP for example. if you were to just contact them and tell them my IP address and the time, they will quickly disconnect me without any further question because they are so small...

The only thing wrong with posting information like that is you know that some people will certainly screw up and send an email to abuse saying "OMG ****** ***** 255.255.255.255 IS A ***** AND DISCONNECTS ME FRM EFS!!!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i suggest, just keep banning, he wil run outta cdkeys somethime, well, i have alot cdkeys 2, but atleast i dont abuse them, so just keep banning, and eventually, hel give up, atleast, i hope so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom