Did i just see a 1.1 blockcounter?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, so i was playing with my friend. He was Gohan and i was Trunks. He was blocking, so i took the opportuninty to hit and go above him. So i swooped over, hit and got instantly pushed back. I know it was a block counter, and i recorded if you want proof but before i do, is there a reason for this?

Best answers
I can't do it (cuz im not good enough), but some people do it to me. Your friend probably just releash the block button fast enough to attack after.

ps : can you just post your record link, i want to see this ...

Best answers
I believe that Trunks doesn't benefit from the anti-insta-counter code due to an oversight (I seem to remember PCJoe mentioning it on these forums). I've never heard of Gohan being able to do it though...strange. Might just be a glitch.

Best answers
Its happened to me a several times with numerous players and characters. I find at least one every day and i dont play very much to begin with. So, something must be up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, here it is. Its on geocities so if the sites down, try later.
Its a halflife demo, so run it in your console.
put it in your esf directory
go to esf console
type /playdemo blockcounter

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've seen a guy using Krillin do it too. And yes he admitted that he'd found a way around the .8 second thing.

Best answers
Maybe it wasn't exactly blockcounter

Perhaps you were swooping, he was blocking, he released block just before you'd hit(with the thought to block counter, but releasing too soon), he has more ki, he has the right timing and kicked you immediately when you were about to hit him ...

Melee still is far from perfect ... But hell, I couldn't do it any better :fight:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by squanman
Maybe it wasn't exactly blockcounter

Perhaps you were swooping, he was blocking, he released block just before you'd hit(with the thought to block counter, but releasing too soon), he has more ki, he has the right timing and kicked you immediately when you were about to hit him ...

Melee still is far from perfect ... But hell, I couldn't do it any better :fight:
trust me man. If that video is not a block counter, then im Ghandi

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yea it was a block counter....i know cuz i know how to do it wit any character......:D

Best answers
Originally posted by bobbybaby trust me man. If that video is not a block counter, then im Ghandi
Just saw the demo ... I admit ... you aint Ghandi :D

And tell us Ghost, how's this possible then? Some kind of script or something?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
oh no....no script. You see what you do is: when the person hits you when ur blocking......you get pushed back to the point where if u let go of block you wont reach him to hit him. So if you held forward and right-click....that split second after he hits you would go to your advantage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
right, sneaky but in my opinion, that has to be fixed if melee is like that in 1.2

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
maybe...but its not much of a problem because the counter doesnt work all the time. All you would have to do to prevent it is to either teleport or back up a bit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but when your fighting a tense match, with a half decent person, going round the back doesnt really work that well. I was convinced that 1.1 was rid of block counters until i saw this. I guess the decent thing is, they are harder to pull off :\

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Even with a decent person you cant still manuver the block counter. So it just takes practice. Have you ever fought the bots?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you misread my text. I said "going round the back doesnt really work that well on a half decent person" not bc is hard to peform on a half decent person. With that beside, it was meant to be outa 1.1 and its being flawed. I think it should be fixed.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, keep in mind guys that the current melee system is more fo a placeholder than anything. Once 1.2 hits, everything's going to be totally different. From what I gather, the standard block techniques are going straight out the window. Just at a guess, I'd say that blocking a swoop in 1.2 would probably initiate some kind of melee struggle rather than just simply block-counter. But don't quote me on this. I'm just speculating.

-Karrde-

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There seems to be an issue with people being able to tap melee at just the right time when someone is flying at them and being able to smash that person before they come out of swoop. It's hard to time with the delay in melee attempts but it's possible. That may be what is throwing some of you off.

Also note that you can still hit someone .8 seconds after you get hit. .8 seconds isn't five minutes guys. If you don't move your ass and teleport away you *will* be hit, and it isn't an instant counter, it is just you being slow. .8 seconds is less than one second, remember that.

Best answers
And that brings the bug fixes that were supposed to be in 1.1 to 0.. But it's all good, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom