A cool Melee System

Best answers
Just my thoughts on a cool melee system, Has anyone ever played ONI? If not i suggest you do, i love the melee system they have in that. But anyway here is my suggestion.
1. A lock can be engaged in any mode (all ki attacks included) and is kept unless manually disengaged (Bind to a key).
2. provide an option that you cannot be locked onto by anyone other than who you are locked onto if locked on to anyone at all (just an option for people who want to do one on one fights, might also include a dual mode when only 2 people play and the rest watch, and it cycles)
3. When locked on and with melee selected you attack differently depending on which direction you are moving. (left mouse is punch, right mouse is kick)
ex. just to name a few standing still would execute a standard punch or kick while moving forward would execute a smash or a roundhouse (considered a high attack which does more dammage because it is aimed at the head). Ducking and punching would execute a uppercut while making you immune to high attacks such as a roundhouse. kicking while ducking would execute a sweep and also render you immune to a high attack. Back and kick could execute.
4. Blocking would also inlude a high block and a low block allong with a high parry and a low parry.
Blocking - hold high or low block key to block the corrosponding attack, a high attack will hit through a low block. Having an attack block causes no delay for the attacker like it does now
Parry - parry only lasts for a second or two, so holding it in would be futile, you must parry close to the instant that the corrosponding attack is carried out. A sucessfull parry will leave the attacker open and vulnerable to a "meteo smash"
"meteo smash" - if you secesfully parry an attack you can initate a meteo smash "grab your opponent and hit him a few times then hurl him in a direction (depends on which direction you are holding when it ends)
<*> this mode is only engaged if you are both locked onto each other and in close proximity. Doing so would still allow you to lock onto someone and rush in close for a quick hit. also with the mele mode engaged you cannot use rush, in order to use it you must first break the lock that you have on them<*>

Best answers
interesting idea, but sounds pretty complex, keep in mind its not a beat 'em up like street fighter, but there are some good ideas there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom