Best answers
You have to type in the console: playdemo "name of the demo"
Without the "

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have to have the same map as the demo, and possibly the same models. I'm not sure on the Model ones though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I watched GrOOvy's demo I was on Guru and hadn't picked a model yet while he was Trunks in esf_cell_day so I don't think it matters...

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You DO need to have the same map as the one in which the demo was recorded in.
You DO NOT need to have the same models as the one which the recorder used.
You DO need to place the demo file in your ESF directory.

To play a demo, type in console:
playdemo demoname

To record a demo: (incase you want to know)
record demoname

To Stop recording:
stop

Wise Master

W
Where do you find your vid file on the half life folder????

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Wise Master
Where do you find your vid file on the half life folder????
It's not a video file, it's a Half Life Demo file (*.dem) in ESF modded format. The difference between the two is that a video file actually contains video and audio data streams, whereas the Demo file is just a bunch of code that recreates, what happened when it was recorded, once again.

And to answer your question, once you record the demo's, you will find the .dem files in your ESF root folder.

Best answers
ummmmm... can anyone give me a demo file, I would like to see some combos or sumthin from u experts out there... and... as I said before gr00vy... WHAT A SEXY SIG!!!!

Best answers
do u know a program to convert the *.dem-files into videofiles? or IS there a program?

P.S. -=[AFC]=- will kick |::Z::|´s ass

P.P.S but your sig really rocks :p

Best answers
hey, I'm in -=ZSSJ=- don't dis us... oh and btw, do u know our private server pw? if u do pm me
:laff:

Best answers
im talkin about |::Z::|. groovys clan. but thats not the right thread to talk about that.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by King_Goku
ummmmm... can anyone give me a demo file, I would like to see some combos or sumthin from u experts out there...
Yes, you can download some good action in 2 demo's from this thread:
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23756

Originally posted by your nightmare
do u know a program to convert the *.dem-files into videofiles? or IS there a program?
Yes there is a way, and Mastasurf has made an excellent tutorial with pics showing how to do it... problem is I don't have that link with me right now. Masta or anyone who has that link, could you please post it here?

P.S. -=[AFC]=- will kick |::Z::|´s ass
im talkin about |::Z::|. groovys clan. but thats not the right thread to talk about that.
I am no mod, but I do know forum rules... please don't go off topic on threads, your comment changed the flow of this thread from demo's to clans. DO NOT flame other clans on the forums as well.

And if you really want to know, I'm not a member of Z anymore, http://dbz.webgv.com/members.htm , go contact them if you want a clan match, and best of luck - you'll need it. Now NO more talk about this here.

Originally posted by King_Goku
hey, I'm in -=ZSSJ=- don't dis us... oh and btw, do u know our private server pw? if u do pm me
:laff:
All clan challenges, etc goes here:

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18094

Stickies are your friends. :)

Best answers
and for the model problems many people are complaining about....just type this in console

thirdperson

That way you can see the models,but however....its very choppey and the sprites go totally 2d,thinner than paper

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom